Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender?
Sep 23, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #181 of 217
np, vids now: https://www.google.com/search?q=dynamat+headphones&tbm=vid

next step is paying someone to do the dirty work for ya
emoji_raised_hand.png

Oct 4, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #184 of 217
Thing is, this phone's bass digs so deep that I get to dig up old hip hop such as

Boards of Canada also works:

Kinda feels like listening to non-bassy music is a waste of potential and time lol, like watching DVD on a 4K set hah

Oct 4, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #185 of 217
Thing is, this phone's bass digs so deep that I get to dig up old hip hop such as

Boards of Canada also works:

Kinda feels like listening to non-bassy music is a waste of potential and time lol, like watching DVD on a 4K set hah

I've listened to plenty of classical on this, the highs are so damn good. But there is a specific sharp peak that hurts and you want to avoid music that has it.
Without that specific peak the whole headphone would be perfect because the details are so damn good and its drivable by everything under the sun.

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #192 of 217
Hi!
Is there any earpad out there for these headphones?
A: same, new earpads for replacement, if needed
B: different, compatible earpads for upgrade. E.g. earpads with some fabric on the inside for attenuating treble harshness. Shure SRH840's earpads have 2 layers. Inner side is foam and outer side is fabric.
If none, how would work some reputable earpad glued on the HD10? E.g. Shure pads, Brainwavz pads, Beyer pads.

Attachments

• IMG_20171118_150521.jpg
    IMG_20171118_150521.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171118_150525.jpg
    IMG_20171118_150525.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #194 of 217
Hi, new to head-fi here. I bought a pair of these recently and was very disappointed at first listen out of the box: hollow sounding, nasal, harsh detail. But I'm posting to say, don't give up right away: after some hours of use I noticed the sound was MUCH better. I thought maybe I had just gotten used to them, but I did a comparison again with a couple other headphones I have and I am convinced the sound really has improved quite a bit. It sits between my Sony MDR-1As and Audio Technica MSR7s. Not as much bass as the Sony, but more detail, the bass is there when you need it, and it's not as sharp and high sounding as the MR7s. It may be my favorite of the bunch now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back