Panasonic RP-HC500 repair?
Nov 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kahman

New Head-Fier
My RP-HC500 ANC headphone has stopped functioning in the ANC mode (it makes a nice passive headphone however).  The power LED is not illuminated.  Yes, I've changed the battery several times.  Naturally, Panasonic wants me to send it to them.  And of course, there isn't a repair manual.  Does anyone have experience dealing with the innards of this beast?

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 2
Hey sounds like the battery connection terminals are loose, it happened to mine and was an easy fix. First you have to pull of the cushion earpad fron the left headphone that holds the battery. If done carefully the cushion should stick back on with no problem. Inside you should see the two terminal ends that the battery touches and get a small screwdriver and pry out the negative end a little and check with the battery to see if the light lights up. This is what went wrong with my headphones where no sound came out when the headphones were turned on but did work in the passive mode. This should work, if not then there is a connection problem in the headpiece somewhere taht you have to track down on your own. Good Luck

Tojam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back