Pain! :D :) :| :/ :( >:(
Nov 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #31 of 36
My worst burn? Not when doing DIY but when working in a bakery in my late teens. I worked at the owens where we pushed some 2 metre high trolleys in the 2.5m high owens and then out of the owens and to the porch of the building to chill. Once while I pushed the trolley out of the owen I stumbled and fell with my arm touching the 300c trolley - MAN whas that a burn or what.

Now I've poked myself once with my soldering iron, didn't stay on for more than a second or so, felt it, but nothing serious.

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #32 of 36
The most horrifying story I've heard was from the father of one of my sister's friends.

He worked at an ice crushing plant, where they pushed blocks of ice into a hole in the floor where it was ground into smaller chunks.

He said that one worker slipped and fell into the hole in the floor. Even worse, they shipped several shipments of red ice over the next few days.

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #33 of 36

Quote:
The most horrifying story I've heard was from the father of one of my sister's friends.
He worked at an ice crushing plant, where they pushed blocks of ice into a hole in the floor where it was ground into smaller chunks.
He said that one worker slipped and fell into the hole in the floor. Even worse, they shipped several shipments of red ice over the next few days.

Whoa not a good image to have in my head
confused_face.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #34 of 36
cant remember how many times I burnt/nearly burnt my fingers. sometimes I had to endure the heat due to lack of equipments and the components were too small that I needed to hold them with bare fingers.
but electricity related ones is a different story, no matter how serious you burn yourself it's only a small dot/scar on your skin, I never play around with electric shock. always watch out when you have something running, especially if the unit is not covered/grounded properly.

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #35 of 36
Speaking of electric shock...  I on occasion think about leaving the AV world and getting a job working on transmission lines, seems like fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back