Pailiccs 3.5mm plug
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #16 of 25
Nope, there are no little holes, although WHY there aren't any is a good question, besides the obvious expense of extra machining steps. I would think solder pads with holes would be more common on full-size 1/4" phone/TS/TRS plugs.

qusp described the solder pads on these mini-phone type plugs pretty well, and I think the excellent soldering advice bears repeating:

Quote:

a very hot soldering iron should be used with the XLO mini's because the split terminal has a smallish 'pad' on the outer of the 'shaft' (OMG does it ever end?? that just happened , not intentional) for the right channel. the two poles are seperated by a dielectric (not sure of the material) and if you mess around soldering with them you can start to melt this. so some flux and a hot iron is needed, so you can get a solid connection quickly and move on before the wires or connector are scorched.

Here's a not-too-good close-up shot of what is being described - you can see the tip and ring solder pads separated by plastic dielectric (why the material isn't PTFE/Teflon in these higher-end plugs is another good question since it stands up to heat so much better).

EDIT: Aw, crapola. One of the original photos showed the center much more clearly than this one... I hate it when that happens.

Speaking of Michael Percy (percyaudio.com), I'm a satisfied customer also. I recently placed my first order and was impressed. Top notch supplier of excellent stuff, fast shipping and prices on some items (Cardas solder in particular) are ridiculously low.

In any case, I hope this is helpful. Now that my Canare star quad and a few other lengths of bulk cable I ordered are here, it's time to put some of these plugs to use...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #22 of 25
Good day to all~!

hi i m from singapore and is kinda new here...but i have news for you guys for those who are interested in the pailiccs's plug ranging for RCA to Bannana or any of it's product please feel free to contact me.

my shop does carry some of the plugs.Interested party please e-mail me at hell_custom63@hotmail.com

dont worry i can send u a picture of the product first. and quote you a good price.

regards
Godwin

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #23 of 25
Unearthing this...
Just got a few Pailiccs from lunashops in Hong Kong.
They look great, but only one model has the clamp for the wire.
Are the solder points enough to hold the wire onto the plug?!

May 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #24 of 25
No, thats not enough to hold the wire...
I want to buy some from lunashops in Hong Kong too, but if they dont have any clamp than it makes no sense to buy it. I cant see any clamp on the pictures on ebay and i dont like it :frowning2: 
Did you ask them why there is only one clamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back