Pailiccs 3.5mm plug
Oct 11, 2008 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

musicmaker

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where I can buy these Pailiccs mini plugs from ?

78b2_1.JPG

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sold a headfi-er here some plugs when I stocked some of them.

beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 25
Jan 19, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 25
Nope. Sent them email but no response.

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #8 of 25
nice plugs ive also been looking for some really sharp looking good quality minis... any other brands worth mentioning?

Feb 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice plugs ive also been looking for some really sharp looking good quality minis... any other brands worth mentioning?

XLO HT mini's are IMO the best mini's available. better than phallics; forget phallics; get XLO. they look sweet too ;D

headphile808-1.jpg

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XLO HT mini's are IMO the best mini's available. better than phallics; forget phallics; get XLO. they look sweet too ;D

Very Nice. Where did you get them and do you know the cable entry size?

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

I seriously hope that the misspelling of "pailiccs" was intentional

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...phile808-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very Nice. Where did you get them and do you know the cable entry size?

Yes the XLO plugs are great. A bit pricey (about $6.95). Michael Percy Audio has them. From their website -
XLO HT direct gold plate electrolytic brass 3.5mm stereo mini-plug to fit cables up to 7mm D (shell could be drilled out to 9mm+)... $6.95 each

I'm very happy with the switchcrafts as well. Was curious about Pailiccs as a few people here really seem to like them and I was hoping they'd be more economical to purchase.

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #13 of 25
I liked the look of the Pailiccs plugs and came across this thread a week or two ago when comparison shopping for mini plugs. It was a disappointment that nobody had been able to make contact with the manufacturer.

I finally ordered a 10-pack of 'SonicWave' mini plugs made by 'Impact Acoustics'. The version I ordered can handle 6.5mm cables, but there are also versions suited to 3.5mm cables - prices at these sites are about average. The lowest price I found was a site named something like "ProductShipsToday.com" in Florida. Have to check my shipping label next chance I get.

This being my first experience with even moderately high-end 3.5mm plugs, I was hoping for a solid inner body with a scalloped section for soldering (as with higher-end RCA plugs) rather than the 'jaws' style sheet metal strain relief/negative solder terminal kind.

I really wish I knew which brands of plugs have a solid inner core. Regardless, even though these plugs' negative terminal/strain relief is sheet metal, it's significantly thicker than just about any of the common connectors from Radio Shack and elsewhere. The center connector also looks thick and easily soldered to.

I also picked up a 10-pack of Impact Acoustics RCA plugs, which are comparable to the mini plugs in quality and construction, with split center pin, etc. and a set of 4 of their higher end locking RCA plugs with the solid inner core I wanted. Hopefully I'll be able to see if it makes any audible difference.

The SonicWave 3.5mm plugs accept cables up to 6.5mm (without drilling...
very_evil_smiley.gif
)
(EDIT: measurement is dead-on 7mm with digital calipers, but I suppose the official spec of 6.5mm takes into account that most folks want enough space left over for a layer of heat shrink over the cable)

Here are some more-or-less close up pics of the outside and inside of the connectors. Sorry there are so many, but I got so few decent shots I decided to go for quantity...

If anyone has photos of the inside of the XLO (or any other high-end) connectors or plugs, I for one would love to see them, and thanks in advance!

EDIT: Considering the shape and function of the items in question, the 'misspelling' of Paillics above isn't too far off the mark...

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #14 of 25
Feb 19, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #15 of 25
sorry for the noob question but on the sonicwave.. how does one solder the cable to that style type plug? im used to seeing a pin with a hole where to string the wire thru? am i just not seeing it on the center pin there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back