Pads for Audio Tehnica AD700X - AD2000X line
Nov 9, 2015 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hex182

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone bothered to try something else besides the stock pads with the headphones mentioned in the title. The stock pads are very comfortable, I am interested from a modding perspective and would like to know the pads used, how easy it is to put them on and the effect they have on the sound.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 7
  I was wondering if anyone bothered to try something else besides the stock pads with the headphones mentioned in the title. The stock pads are very comfortable, I am interested from a modding perspective and would like to know the pads used, how easy it is to put them on and the effect they have on the sound.

The Hifiman ear pads will also fit on the Audio Technica headphones.
It takes a little work as the Hifiman ear pads are a few millimeters smaller then stock Audio Technica ear pads.
I put the Hifiman Velour ear pads on my ATH-A900X.
I did not get the Hifiman pads for improving audio quality, the ear pads help hold the ATH-A900X in place, gives the headphone a slightly tighter grip.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 7
I've seen people claim MrSpeakers leather pads fit, and also using e.g. AD2000X pads on the AD900X.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

The Hifiman ear pads will also fit on the Audio Technica headphones.
It takes a little work as the Hifiman ear pads are a few millimeters smaller then stock Audio Technica ear pads.
I put the Hifiman Velour ear pads on my ATH-A900X.
I did not get the Hifiman pads for improving audio quality, the ear pads help hold the ATH-A900X in place, gives the headphone a slightly tighter grip.

The tighter grip alone should have changed the sound at least slightly. Did you notice any change in the sound?

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 7
  Quote:
The tighter grip alone should have changed the sound at least slightly. Did you notice any change in the sound?

It might have, but I was not really concentrating of the audio quality when I changed the ear pads, was just happy my A900X stopped sliding down the side of my head and having the cups rest on the top of my ears :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back