PAA-1 Pro review - The best earbuds for under 50$
Jun 30, 2011 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

momoyou

New Head-Fier
It's my first time to review about earbuds.
I like earbuds more than IEMs, because of their sound stage.
I have nine earbuds and IEMs.

For a start, I rank the ones I spent significant amounts of time with thus:

Audiotechnica ATH-CM707 < Starsonic EP-888-E1 < Sennheiser MX560 <Yuin PK3 = Sennheiser MX580 < Criative Aurvana Air =< Ultimate Earssuper fi 4 < Sennheiser IE8

One day, I wanted a new listening environment, and I began to look forearbuds of 50 dollars or less.Then I found PAA-1,and got a contact to Hisoundaudio.
Fortunately, I obtained the PAA-1 Pro for 40$ before it was releasedto to market.
So let me review.

Accessories
Sponge, cord clip, and hard clamshell carrying case. Simple but enough.

Design & Build Quality
The housings used by  PAA-1 Pro looks like Sennheiser MX560. Also its design. But because of the difference of material, PAA-1 Pro has feeling of luxury more than MX560.
MX560 is very plasticky and looks cheap. On the other side, PAA-1 Pro has metal parts of its housing same as high-end earbuds.
The cable is Y style, and little harder than MX560. But easy to handle.
The 3.5mm plug gold-plated.
PAA-1 is one of the most luxurious earbuds under 50$.

Sound Quality
Hisoudaudio said that PAA-1 Pro needs to burn in for 200hours at least, and for 1000 hours to evaluate right.
However the earbuds were burned in for only 60 hours, I try to review.
Listening was done straight out of Cowon J3 loaded with 320kbps oggs.
My PAA-1 is burned in for only 60 hours, it sounds very good.
Its sound is very thick, deep and sharp. Especially The acousticpressure of PAA-1 Pro is wonderful. It sounds like speakers put into the ears.
In the earphone that I have, PAA-1 Pro is the nearest PK3. However,the quality of the sound of PAA-1 Pro far surpasses PK3. Hisoudaudio said that PAA-1 Pro is comparable to PK1.I don't have PK1,but I think so.
About the resolution of the sound, PAA-1 Pro is wonderful. Aurvana Air has very good resolution of sound that I can listen sounds that I have never listened before, but its sound is thin that I can't listen well in subways. On the other side, I can easily listen every sound with
PAA-1 Pro in subways because of its thickness of souds.
About sound stage, MX560 is wider than PAA-1 Pro.
However, sound stage of PAA-1 is very confortable. I feel like I'm in a recording stadio or small club. Even in the noisy situation, I can easily listen good sounds because of its sound stage.

Conclusion
If you consider to buy Yuin’s one, I do not recommend it. It is waste of money.
The price of PK3 is 39$. The other side, The price of PAA-1 Pro is 40$.
The quality of the sound of PAA-1 Pro far surpasses PK3.
By the way, I rank again the ones I spent significant amounts of time with thus:

Audiotechnica ATH-CM707 < Starsonic EP-888-E1 < Sennheiser MX560 < Yuin PK3 =Sennheiser MX580 < Criative Aurvana Air =< Ultimate Ears super fi 4 < Sennheiser IE8 < PAA-1 Pro

Hisoudaudio said, “We will be difinitely the stronger competitor in the portable audio field, including the PDA and the earphones market. Time will prove it”.
I think they will achieve in near future.

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 2
I received e-mail from hisoundaudio.
The price which I paid is the pre-release price.
The final price of PAA-1 Pro is fixed at USD 49.9.
It is 50 dollars or less anyway.

By the way, if you feel the sound not clear or too strong bass, try to take off the sponges.
You will get clear sound. I am using the sponges that cut out the center.
The sponges have been put on PAA-1 Pro when it was shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back