PA2v2 question
Sep 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Reesespieces

New Head-Fier
I just ordered a PA2v2 from gary, should be in the mail in couple of days. Its going to be my first amp and Im quite excited to check out what it sounds like. Im wondering what kind of cables do I need to get for this portable amp? All i use to listen to music are my 3rd gen ipod video and my laptop and a pair of SRH 440. So what i kind of accessories do i need now to get the best sound possible ??

Sep 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 12
The cable that Gary sends with the amp will do the job just fine. I don't really think that a more expensive cable will really add to sound quality considering the components you are using. I've just got my amp and am really enjoying the smoother sound  that I am getting with my music. Piano is particularly well suited to this improvement.

One thing you might like to do is check out the gain controls. Mine were set way too high and adjusting them has made a world of difference, especially to the lower end.

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Since you use an iPod you may wish to look into getting a line out dock, they improve upon the overall sound presentation. good luck.

I can confirm that using a LOD is a very worthwhile improvement and well worth the $30 or so that some of the fellows sell them for here on the forum!

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 12

I also agree.... I got an ebay LOD for Christmas and it made a huge difference to the sound I am getting. The whole experiece is now crystal clear with no background hiss.....

dgcrane

Quote:
Quote:
Since you use an iPod you may wish to look into getting a line out dock, they improve upon the overall sound presentation. good luck.

I can confirm that using a LOD is a very worthwhile improvement and well worth the $30 or so that some of the fellows sell them for here on the forum!

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 12
IS their anything wrong with the 10 dollar FiiO lod that's being sold on ebay?

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 12
 http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L1-Line-Cable-iPhone/dp/B003G8GZV6  Pretty good price. After making these cables myself I can't see how they can sell them so cheap. They are a major PITA

James

Edit. I don't know why the link isn't working. Anyway goto amazon and search for FiiO L1 Cable

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #9 of 12
The LOD that I purchased was from a guy named awwan... it may not be the best, and I possibly overpaid, but I am a newbie to headphones so I don't mind :)

The heading states

IPHONE LINE OUT DOCK WITH NORDOST CABLE & PLUG

Like I mentioned, I am very happy with the quality and sound I now get.....

dgcrane

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #11 of 12
lol you hunted this thread down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back