PA2V2 High Pitch Squeel
Apr 6, 2010 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BASGTA

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I'm not too sure where to post this and I don't think there's a "General Help" forum.

So, I have a pair of SR125s and a PA2V2 amp hooked up to my computer. I have the amp at around half volume and I never touch it. I always change my computer's volume.

So to the problem, when I pause audio, coming from anywhere (Foobar, YouTube, games etc.) there will be a high pitched frequency through the headphones. Sometimes it'll be from the left, sometimes the right, sometimes both. It seems to even use the stereo surround (partially left, mainly right) My Foobar is set up to fade out on pause, so I'll hit pause, listen to the music fade out but right as it's completely off I'll get blasted with this noise.

It's not always the same frequency either, sometimes it'll be a bit lower or a bit higher, the volume of it is also always different. I have to keep hitting pause/play until it goes away and I can sit here in peace and quiet with the phones off. I never hear it while playing music either.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give, thanks.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 7
Try it on different setups. If it continues, send it to Gary to fix it.
If its only on that setup, then change out things and find out the reason.

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 7
That's definitely a computer problem. I had a very similar issue with my soundcard outputting a spdif signal. It is partly why I stick to usb now.

I imagine you're running Windows Vista, right?

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #6 of 7
That's just as bad. See if you can get any driver updates for your computer's soundcard or whatever you have. If you still experience issues, you'll probably need to resort to a USB DAC like the Nuforce Icon Mobile. Windows is &^$% like that. I stopped having problems myself once I switched to USB with my Audio-gd Compass DAC/headamp. I used to use spdif output from my SB XtremeGamer, and same thing - that random noise when nothing is playing. I thought it stopped with using WASAPI output from Foobar2k, but it occurred once and I raged like the Fist of the North star. I've not had any problems since switching to USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back