PA2V2 Crackling (HELP ME HEAD-FI!!)
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sonic Atrocity

500+ Head-Fier
I have a Clip+ (Rockboxed) connected to my PA2V2 driving my Ultrasone Pro 900. Things were great until a point but I am now experiencing a crackling noise. As far as I know it accompanies the entirety of the frequency spectrum. Of course I have tested my cans without the amp and have not experienced this issue. At first I thought it was the patch cord so I ordered a new one but I am still experiencing this issue. I am using two AA 1.2 V Energizer re-chargeable batteries. 

I will admit I dropped the amp a while ago and had to give it a whack or two to get it going (perhaps not the best judgement on my part) but it was fine for a while after that (I am assuming the batteries were temporarily misplaced inside the amp). I sent Gary an e-mail and am patiently awaiting his response. 

I DO NOT WANT THIS TO REFLECT ON GARY'S CRAFTSMANSHIP IN ANY WAY. I HAVE READ FROM SEVERAL HEAD-FIERS AND OTHER AUDIOPHILES THAT GARY'S PRODUCTS ARE OF GOOD QUALITY AND PROPER FUNCTIONING ORDER. AT THE VERY MOST THIS ONE AMP IN PARTICULAR IS DEFECTIVE SOMEHOW. I AM FUNCTIONING ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT THE CRACKLING NOISE IS *MY FAULT*. 

If someone on here could help me I'd appreciate it. I have been dealing with this for a while and have become extremely frustrated.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 3
I rather think that opening it up and refitting the batteries might have been a better way to fix it,whacking only worked on 1950's TV's
blink.gif
Send it back and Gary will repair it for you..

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 3
Hahahahah yeah I know. I guess I have a bit of the old school in me even though I'm only 21 years old. So far it seems to be okay but I think I *might* gave heard some crackling. So I am going to play a few parts of some songs directly from my source and compare. But I think it is okay so far. Gary e-mailed me back within five minutes of me e-mailing him and just said to re-charge the batteries. I charged them for a whole night, leaving the PA2V2 turned on so that the batteries don't over-charge (as explained on Gary's website) and there seems to be a huge difference. But I will just have to make sure before I say anything definitive. 

By the way Gary has excellent customer service skills and has a lot of class. I'm really glad I purchased his product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back