PA2V2- $60 shipped
Dec 6, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #16 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrothead
Why do you recommend the sounddock 2 over the PA2V2 and where can i get more info?

By sounddock 2 I would assume you mean the TURBOdock II, which is a line out adapter made by a member here. If you get a PA2V2 (or any amp) then it is suggested you use a line out to get the best sound possible. Other options would be the PocketDock or Sik Din/Ram.

Also, I have a PA2V2 and its great! The AC charger is a real plus, and Gary is great!

Dec 6, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 46
After reading this and some other threads and then looking at Gary's listing on E-Bay, I looked at his website and then wrote to him with some questions yesterday. He is very friendly and I appreciate how he takes the time to patiently respond. I ended up ordering an amp from him last night and he wrote back to say it was being sent out first thing this morning! He accepts PayPal or money orders, checks, etc. For the poster that asked about the procedure, just e-mail him and he'll give you the details. He really sounds like a person with lots of integrity, who really cares about the product he makes and sells (and very knowledgeable, too). I can't wait to try it out! (btw, it will be used for a set of Grado SR325i's).

Dec 6, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkuboy
After reading this and some other threads and then looking at Gary's listing on E-Bay, I looked at his website and then wrote to him with some questions yesterday. He is very friendly and I appreciate how he takes the time to patiently respond. I ended up ordering an amp from him last night and he wrote back to say it was being sent out first thing this morning! He accepts PayPal or money orders, checks, etc. For the poster that asked about the procedure, just e-mail him and he'll give you the details. He really sounds like a person with lots of integrity, who really cares about the product he makes and sells (and very knowledgeable, too). I can't wait to try it out! (btw, it will be used for a set of Grado SR325i's).

Yup agree with you totally. He really answered my questions as I'm quite new in this area. My first amp to be exact. Well clicked order 10 minutes ago and waiting for it impatiently. Lol...!

Dec 6, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 46
I have just ordered a PA2V2 from Gary. I also have a PA1, and a PA2V1. Gary has always been a pleasure to deal with, prompt in his communications and he stands behind his product 100%. He said he will fix my old PA1 for free, even though I have dropped it several times causing its problems, great support and a really nice guy.

Dec 7, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrothead
Why do you recommend the sounddock 2 over the PA2V2 and where can i get more info?

I'm not. The Turbodock II is replacing my Pocketdock, don't remember where the original thread is but you can contact Turbo, probably on the Cable or the Doityourself Forums.
Here it is.....

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150138

Dec 12, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #21 of 46
give him an email yesterday morning about my interest in the amp and that ive never used paypal, he send info on how to use paypal within an hour

during the night i send money via paypal + a email, he email me an hour later telling me i will have it this week
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #22 of 46
I agree with everyone here. Gary's probably the most responsive seller that I have yet to talk to. I've sent him about 8 emails in a week, with about 4 sentences each, and he's written a "life story"-sized answer every time. I'm going to buy an amp for him in about a month. But about the mini cord, how's the new one performing?

May 14, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #28 of 46
Would this amp pair well with the AKG K81DJs, which can already be somewhat over-bassy at times? I enjoy how the cans sound now, the problem is some of my devices have difficulty driving them at the volume I'd prefer. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #30 of 46
Just wanted to add some "little thought of" aspects, the vast improvements is SQ aside.

Garys unit is very well built, like a tank. I have dropped it into hardwood and stone floors several times by accident, nothing happened. The worst accident implied nothing more than to open it up an make sure the cells were in place. Since I added some support for the cells inside the case after that (foam rubber), it seems virtually indestructible. Very good quality on the connectors as well, feels like pro class.

Portable gear must be built to take a bashing and this one certainly is. I'm sure you can run it over with a truck and nothing will happen.

Another positive aspect: battery life! Like it is powered by a micro nuclear plant, several hundreds of hours in between charges. There are smaller amps for sure but this one feels like the perfect compromise for me considering the battery life time I need to make it work in the long run. Two rechargable AA cells, utilized to the maximum. What a beautiful design! The only thing I think Gary possibly could improve on is to include two good NiMH rechargables to keep people from feeding it by alkalines (very poor results if you use alkalines).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back