P3 hiss, low volume. Fault of interconnect?
Jun 5, 2009 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MeltedChalk

New Head-Fier
Just got a hotaudio bit perfect dac in today, and have been running my p3 off it with one problem. There's this annoying hiss that's foolishly annoying when I turn up the volume at all. The volume also wont go up to high with the dac volume maxed, foobar volume maxed and the amp volume maxed. I'm blaming this on my interconnect, which is at the moment is of the worst quality possible. It's one of the interconnects that come with the fii0 e3s', but I want to make sure before I pour money into a decent one.

Does my prediction sound accurate for my problems head-fi? Anything else it could be?

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 4
It is doubtful that the cheap interconnect could yield the symtoms that you describe. I would suggest running an MP3 player, CD or such thru the same cheap cable into your P3. I would guess that the problem lies in the components above the cheap cable.

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is doubtful that the cheap interconnect could yield the symtoms that you describe. I would suggest running an MP3 player, CD or such thru the same cheap cable into your P3. I would guess that the problem lies in the components above the cheap cable.

Through my s9 there's a barely audible hiss at max volume(very loud). At max volume through my pc at 90% volume the hiss is very easy to pick out.

..I was hoping the problem was as simple as a new interconnect..
frown.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 4
Just a little update, it's working wonderfully now.

I ended up e-mail hotaudio.com support(believe it or not, he mentioned my thread here. Shows you how into the community hotaudio.com is). 4 or 5 e-mails later they had my DAC up a running at peak performance. Great product, great support. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back