Oyaide USB D+ Class (S) 480 Mbps Cable
Dec 16, 2013 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

laughingbuddha

Head-Fier
Has anyone tried this cable through a dac and heard any difference to their regular or comparitive cables or Oyaides higher end Continental 5s ?

Link http://www.neo-w.com/catalog/2010/06/d-usb_en.html
http://www.oyaide.co.uk/PDFs/873106.%20Oyaide%20Continental%20%20USB.pdf

I tried it against a Furutec Formula 2 and noticed a great diference in the two - I found the Formula 2 to me be more subtle but less seperation created a deeper bottom end and the D+ (S) was a much more seperated powerful airy pressence 

By the way wasn't interestied at all in the debate of wether or how the difference occured as there was a difference noticed. I know there are lot's of debate on the forums about USB but mine is specific to the Oyaide D+ Class (S) because there next level Oyaide USB cable costs like 10x the price ?

Dec 16, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 9
Any reason this was posted under Sound Science?

Chances are that your claim of hearing the difference will be put to test.

Put it under the cables section.

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 9
@laughingbuddha: Nice anecdote. Are you working for that company?

It's nice that they include at least an eye pattern measurement ... cherry picked, mind you, but still shows that it's a waste of money.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 9
Well I like my usb cable so for me it's not a waste of money but guess your entitled to you opinion !
jecklinsmile.gif

Anyone got anything constructive to say based on an actual comparison or use of the Oyaide ?

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 9
There are objective measurements of USB cables or any other cable for that matter. Even audiophiles have to abide by the laws of physics. That is not a matter of opinion.

If you like your cable: fine, but you won't find any anecdotes of random subjective comparisons here.

Dec 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 9
There are objective measurements of USB cables or any other cable for that matter. Even audiophiles have to abide by the laws of physics. That is not a matter of opinion.

If you like your cable: fine, but you won't find any anecdotes of random subjective comparisons here.

I think this thread belongs to the cable section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back