Overwhelming bass headphones?
Apr 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Mkay. Do you know if they would be great for Dubstep?

Listened to dubstep on them. I was laughing because... well... my head was vibrating with the bass. I'm not sure if I'd describe it as "good," but then again I'm not a huge Dubstep fan. It was so much fun listening to it though. Not sure how LONG I could listen to them with dubstep, but the two songs I did listen to I just had a blast listening to.

Quote:
They arent as good compared to the Vmoda LP! Get DT770
smily_headphones1.gif

I really dislike the V-Moda LP. It, to me, is a muddy mess. I'd rather the LP2s. Though still a bit over bearing in the bass, the definition is much better. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #21 of 29
FA-011, if you're fine with open headphones. V-shaped sound signature, ridiculous amount of rumble. Fun headphones but I sold mine due to the treble and earpads bothering my ears (other people say they're comfortable headphones though, might've been just me). They're pretty controlled too; I would hardly say they're muddy unless you compare them to $300+ HPs. Great soundstage too. Can be ordered for $140 new usually or ~$100 used.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:
FA-011, if you're fine with open headphones. V-shaped sound signature, ridiculous amount of rumble. Fun headphones but I sold mine due to the treble and earpads bothering my ears (other people say they're comfortable headphones though, might've been just me). They're pretty controlled too; I would hardly say they're muddy unless you compare them to $300+ HPs. Great soundstage too. Can be ordered for $140 new usually or ~$100 used.

wow fa-011 as an overwhelming bass headphone just wow. people have no idea of what bass is no they dont have rediculous amounts of rumble I have them and they are not a basshead headphone. and someone said the xb500's with a digizoid has more bass than the xb1000 and to that I LOL no they do not the xb500 is a lil fart compared to the xb1000's bass, and I also own both, the pro900 yes they are good headphones however there bass is off a quality they lack quite a bit of mid bass to be classed a basshead headphone but the bass quality is the best I have heard shame they do not go loud on the volume. you want bass then xb1000, v moda lp2, pro700mk2 is what you need. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:
Visceral bass simply does not exist in headphones. If you want bass vibrations get a 2.1 speaker setup

It does indeed exist, but the song needs to be mastered for it and preferably EQ should be used. When I happen to hear one, it's indeed a pure eargasm. There is nothing wrong with XB500 and it would be very hard (if at all possible) to find a headphone with better bass response / rattling, alike - yes, better - no way. I think here comes the single-driver limitation factor. You can EQ and make one song have the bass response just the way you like, but then all other tracks screw up...
With good speakers EQ usually changes the  volumes of particular frequencies, now with casual headphones it actually changes the way each freq sounds (you boost midbass you get bloated mids even if there the song wouldn't have midbass at all), as the whole freq range is reproduced by the same single driver. 

Get DT770 
smily_headphones1.gif

After being not satisfied with the bass of XB500??? 

They will sound to him like little squeaky boxes.[size=small] [/size]

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #24 of 29
Why do you want to kill your hearing? You WILL. In 5 years when you have constant tinnitus and its driving you crazy, think of me.

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #25 of 29
With good speakers EQ usually changes the  volumes of particular frequencies, now with casual headphones it actually changes the way each freq sounds (you boost midbass you get bloated mids even if there the song wouldn't have midbass at all), as the whole freq range is reproduced by the same single driver. 

That is just wrong technically. Doesn't matter much how many drivers are used, the more drivers the worse things like phase respone and timing get.

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:
Why do you want to kill your hearing? You WILL. In 5 years when you have constant tinnitus and its driving you crazy, think of me.

wow you would find the low frequencies will not damage your hearing only the highs do.

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #27 of 29
Denon ADHi600.  Only headphones I've ever returned and it was because there was too much bass.  I haven't heard the Pro 900s but I hear the same about those as well along with the V-Moda m100 which I also have never heard.

BTW - you can demo the Denon at Magnolia Best Buys.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #28 of 29
If you're looking for more bass than the Sony mdr-xb500, I would strongly advise against the Fischer FA-011 suggestion.

Perhaps looks into some of the Denon units, they are well known for bass - with some EQ tricks, you might be able to find a sound signature that suits your needs.

What are you using as a source?

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #29 of 29

That is just wrong technically. Doesn't matter much how many drivers are used, the more drivers the worse things like phase respone and timing get.

biggrin.gif
 idiot.

Good luck listening to this http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00eByTnDLFrauN/PLL-FM-STEREO-AM-Digital-Radio-RC-316USB-.jpg then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back