Overpriced headphone competition: BOSE vs Pioneer.
Feb 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

naurispunk

100+ Head-Fier
I have been doing a research on mid to high end headphones for a few weeks now. So this could be obvious but I wanted to get this straight:

Whenever I mention Pioneer HDJ-2000 people say that yeah they are great headphones but they are overpriced because of all the fancy materials that make them more durable.

Now Bose on the other hand seems to be like a forbidden brand unless you want to be called a trendy douche. People just say that these headphones are overpriced and the conversation ends there. I wonder when you buy Bose do you pay extra for anything else besides the brand?

Also the thing is Bose AE2 costs around $150 (according to amazon) which is not that expensive (close to what you would pay for xd-53 or Sony MDR-7506 and much less than Pionner 2000). Does that mean the Pioneer, Allan & Heath and Sony headphones I just mentioned blow the Bose AE2 (or even QuietComfort) out of the water?

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #3 of 3
my triports were my only HP's for about 2 years. they were sufficient, and only recently i had to repair the jack. they're not terrible headphones, but they were over priced quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back