Overly loud concerts ruining the experience?
Oct 20, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #31 of 31
I absolutely agree. It is a great experience to feel the sound and to hear the music in the signature it was intended to be experienced in by the musician, but I always look for a place in the back. Personally, I question if such a high volume even has a merit at all. At first, it is obnoxiously loud, then your ears settle and it slowly becomes tolerable, thereby reducing the noise either way. Wouldn't it be more sensible to look for a volume that prevents this whilst still allowing people to feel the music?

As for the audio equipment and the tuning used... yes, some of them are horrible. But just because someone or a company does something for a living does not have to mean that they are good at what they are doing, and for audio probably even more so because many people don't care about the finer details or overall sound.

Concerning the poster above me: True, but skill takes hard work and effort whilst simply turning the music up real loud and overblowing the bass is so much easier and makes most people happy enough anyway :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back