Over the ear headphone under $150
May 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jloew05

New Head-Fier
Ive done some reading but alot of the posts are older so as my title says im looking for a over the ear preferably closed back headphone.  I would consider on ear if i had to and prefer it to be somewhat portable.  I listen to a lot of rock music along the lines of the used, a7x, and metallica.  So something that would fit into that type of music would be good.  I was looking at the v moda lp or m80, the ath-m50, and some of the sennheiser ones.   This will be my first pair of decent headphones also so i have nothing to compare them to besides the gf's sol republics which seem to be lacking for the type of music i listen to.

May 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 6
also im new here so if i missed a thread that has already been made if someone could link that it would probable help.  But i think that hearing from people from personal experience would be best maybe someone that also listens to rock or heavy metal could chime in.

May 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 6
I do not believe those would be the best for those genres, based on recessed mids and accentuated bass.  

I would recommend Sennheiser hd 439s out of personal preferance, very good midrange and around $80

Heavy metal is the law.

May 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 6
well i read some more and went a head and purchased the brainwavz hm5 for about $94 which seemed like a good deal from what i have read about them hopefully this was a good purchase.

May 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 6
HM5 is a very nice full size headphone so you made a good choice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back