Over-ear Headphones
Jul 7, 2015 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

hrushikeshK

New Head-Fier
Hello Guys!
 This is my first post, so please bear any casualties in the pattern.
I am looking for an over the ear headphone for daily use like listening to songs, watching movies, etc.
I have got a budget of Rs.6000 ($100 roughly). I am totally confused on which ones to buy. I was thinking about buying Audio-Technica ath m40x.
Any help is much appreciated. 
Thank you!

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 14
Thank you guys!!
But how are they compared with the m40x?
I have read a lot of good reviews for m40x's & that's why I am totally confused!

It depends what kind of sound you like. I have the CAL, Tasktar Pro 80, M40x and UE6000. So feel free to ask any questions regarding them, but without more information about what you're after itll be hard to say which one is best for you. But all are very good headphones

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 14
you can also pick from flavors in the open backed category such as the audio technica ath ad700x, which are forward in vocals, but may be lacking in bass. There are also the sennheiser hd558 with ample bass response, a somewhat veiled presentation and less treble energy than reference. The 558s do particularly well with movies because they fill in more sound than the thinner 700xs. 

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #8 of 14
It depends what kind of sound you like. I have the CAL, Tasktar Pro 80, M40x and UE6000. So feel free to ask any questions regarding them, but without more information about what you're after itll be hard to say which one is best for you. But all are very good headphones

Thank You!
How are the m40x for regular watching movies and listening to music?

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 14
Thank You!
How are the m40x for regular watching movies and listening to music?

The m40x are the worst of the bunch for movies. They lack soundstage and are also the least comfortable. For music they work alright, just a little bit bright in the treble so it can get fatiguing and a bit painful with long listening. CAL are the best for movies, but they are the least portable. Takstar Pro80 is probably the best for both movies and music and the fact that build quality and isolation is also good.

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #10 of 14
The m40x are the worst of the bunch for movies. They lack soundstage and are also the least comfortable. For music they work alright, just a little bit bright in the treble so it can get fatiguing and a bit painful with long listening. CAL are the best for movies, but they are the least portable. Takstar Pro80 is probably the best for both movies and music and the fact that build quality and isolation is also good.

Since Takstar isn't available in India and UE 6000 is out of budget for me, looks like CAL is the only option left for me.
Does the CAL! come with extension cable?

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #11 of 14

Since Takstar isn't available in India and UE 6000 is out of budget for me, looks like CAL is the only option left for me.
Does the CAL! come with extension cable?

Yes.

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #13 of 14

OK!
And how durable is it ? Because i think that's the only common con of this product?
If handled properly, how many years would I be able to use it? 

I've had mine for about 3 years--no problems.

It is lightly built but does well if you take care of it.

Jul 18, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #14 of 14
Alright then!! CAL it is!
Thanks a lot guys for helping me out!! 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back