over ear cans for or under 80 (closed)
May 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jenriquenunez

Head-Fier
Looking for my first headphones and my budget is around 80 bucks

They need to be over ear closed and that dont fall off from ur head, i listen to a variety of music like linkin park but some pop r&b dubstep please any help will be appreciated

May 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 11
I don't own them, but take a look at the Shure SRH-440's. http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368386871&sr=8-1&keywords=SRH-440

I own the SRH-840's with Velour pads and LOVE them. They're great all-around performers. I've read good things about the 440's as well

Personally though, I would save a bit more ($125ish) and go for the Audio Technica ATH-M50's. They're often directly compared to the SRH-840's and are said to be very comfortable too. Just a thought!

Good luck!

May 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
sorry i meant 30 on amazon

I don't own them either, but as a general rule, you get what you pay for. You'll almost certainly find something you dislike about them. I, personally, find every headphone I've tried under $100 to be uncomfortable, and lacking in other areas.

Based on the reviews at Amazon, a lot of people say they're uncomfortable. And the good reviews are probably based on the phones being $30, and for that price probably don't expect much.

May 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #9 of 11
how are the shures? does this fall off your head easily? i was going to buy the sennheiser hd 439 but some reviwers say that they may fall off your head if you pick something from the floor or move your head too much

May 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
how are the shures? does this fall off your head easily? i was going to buy the sennheiser hd 439 but some reviwers say that they may fall off your head if you pick something from the floor or move your head too much

My 840's are very comfortable, but a bit heavy and could slide off if I was moving around a bit but they never have. The 440's would be a little lighter so I imagine they would be better.

May 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #11 of 11
the Shures are somewhat heavy.  They do not fall off my head by any means.  As to the V6  I find them to be very comfortable.  they fold down better and are much lighter if it matters.  You have to take reviews with a grain of salt.  When it comes to fit and comfort, it's pretty much an individual thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back