Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator
Jul 11, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #1,276 of 1,284
@darinf
Do we have any kind of hope that OOYH will get like a "last stand" update to native compatibility with W11?

It'd be pretty meaningful for us longtime customers to get some clear guidance on this, especially if it's all EOL now and the background VM workaround is all there's going to be and thems just the breaks after ~10 years.

Nov 22, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #1,278 of 1,284
I think it's safe to say HeSuVi has totally replaced OOYH for me. The ease of installation, flawless integration (no bugs), the lack of latency, and having an active FR graph laid out on a visual software (equalizer APO) has turned me away from OOYH.
I've purchased 4 plugins from Darin Fong, but having to email him everytime I want my plugins enabled is such a hassle for both parties.

HeSuVi, EQ APO and Foobar have been my holy trinity for music.

Apr 17, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #1,279 of 1,284
He’s been logging into the forums, he just hasn’t been addressing the issues with OOYH. At this point it’s money lost, and I’m less than impressed with his disappearing act.

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,281 of 1,284
I think it's safe to say HeSuVi has totally replaced OOYH for me. The ease of installation, flawless integration (no bugs), the lack of latency, and having an active FR graph laid out on a visual software (equalizer APO) has turned me away from OOYH.
I've purchased 4 plugins from Darin Fong, but having to email him everytime I want my plugins enabled is such a hassle for both parties.

He’s been logging into the forums, he just hasn’t been addressing the issues with OOYH. At this point it’s money lost, and I’m less than impressed with his disappearing act.
I've also lost money with OOYH, and have come to the conclusion that this is an orphan technology. Moving on: my system is: Mac > Topping D90SE > Stax SRM 323S > Stax 009. I don't have speakers. I listen to music solely through this system. I downloaded SoundSource, and I like that there is a Harman curve for my headphones. What I don't like is that SoundSource only recognizes stereo. I confirmed this by downloading a trial version of multi-channel plug-in and I was only able to access stereo. Regarding this: "HeSuVi, EQ APO and Foobar have been my holy trinity for music." I would like a Mac equivalent for HeSuVi and EQ APO. My problem is that I am technologically challenged and that I was looking for easy fixes. That is why I chose OOYH and why I chose SoundSource. But I feel hamstrung by SoundSource's limitations. I hope someone on this forum can help.

Nov 27, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #1,282 of 1,284
I've also lost money with OOYH, and have come to the conclusion that this is an orphan technology. Moving on: my system is: Mac > Topping D90SE > Stax SRM 323S > Stax 009. I don't have speakers. I listen to music solely through this system. I downloaded SoundSource, and I like that there is a Harman curve for my headphones. What I don't like is that SoundSource only recognizes stereo. I confirmed this by downloading a trial version of multi-channel plug-in and I was only able to access stereo. Regarding this: "HeSuVi, EQ APO and Foobar have been my holy trinity for music." I would like a Mac equivalent for HeSuVi and EQ APO. My problem is that I am technologically challenged and that I was looking for easy fixes. That is why I chose OOYH and why I chose SoundSource. But I feel hamstrung by SoundSource's limitations. I hope someone on this forum can help.
Try using hesuvi but setting up a virtual 7.1 device for your DAC using HiFiCable + Asio Bridge
https://sourceforge.net/p/hesuvi/discussion/general/thread/ce7c354dd7/

Dec 21, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #1,283 of 1,284
Well, I'm enjoying OOYH from Mac OS Monterey on an iMac 5k... Want to get it working in Windows 11, missing Smyth virtualization pretty badly. Still not sure which direction I'll go in

Just HD 800 with SDR mod
Will edit as I enjoy more, I've enjoyed\tried the presets. Favorites are Especially Sasha, runner ups seem genelec and focal Scala, (and a handful of the others,) and especially Martin Coltrane Supreme2, are my favorites

For me, Sasha is a hybrid speaker/headphone medium and seems oriented for detail [crispy sounding] listening, and the Martin Coltrane stands out as the best virtualized speaker experience [for 2ch audio] Anyone else find the same or what's up?

Thanks for mentioning HeSuVi for other posters. Need to look into it next. Would like an A16 again and to try the 3D Sound-shop Work

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #1,284 of 1,284
Well, I'm enjoying OOYH from Mac OS Monterey on an iMac 5k... Want to get it working in Windows 11, missing Smyth virtualization pretty badly. Still not sure which direction I'll go in

Just HD 800 with SDR mod
Will edit as I enjoy more, I've enjoyed\tried the presets. Favorites are Especially Sasha, runner ups seem genelec and focal Scala, (and a handful of the others,) and especially Martin Coltrane Supreme2, are my favorites

For me, Sasha is a hybrid speaker/headphone medium and seems oriented for detail [crispy sounding] listening, and the Martin Coltrane stands out as the best virtualized speaker experience [for 2ch audio] Anyone else find the same or what's up?

Thanks for mentioning HeSuVi for other posters. Need to look into it next. Would like an A16 again and to try the 3D Sound-shop Work
Did your A16 die?

I am an old OOYH user who moved over to the Realiser, and though it cost me a pretty penny was well worth it. I like OOYH, I particularly found the Focal Scala and the Magico Q7's worked well for me. Unfortunately, as I understand it, OOYH no longer works with later versions of Windows, and there is only a very trying work around which I will not attempt to implement b/c I no longer use it.

My understanding is HeSuVi is the closest you will get to the A16, but it's limited to 7.1 channel legacy codecs, so no Atmos, DTS-X, or Auro 3D-also not head tracking.

John is the best and his offerings with 3D SoundShop are first rate, btw. Best solution is the Realiser with one of John's PRIRs IMHO. Next best HeSuVi. If you can get OOYH to work on a Mac, you could stick with that as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back