out of box thoughts on hd280s
May 1, 2003 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SageOHaze

New Head-Fier
They sound pretty good actually. The bass seems alright, a little weak and lost, with a little eq, its perfectly fine for my tastes and i assume will only get better with time. Classical music seems to be alright too, jazz was fine. Nothing truley outstanding about them, but it's what i was looking for and they do at a A- to A standard, no A+ though.

Hope the burn in clears up some of the issues i do have with it.

May 1, 2003 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 13
Congrats SageOHaze, now get those things burned in.
wink.gif

May 1, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 13
something weird though. the left side speaker seems weaker than the right side considerably, i've checked to make sure i plugged it in well but it still seems to be less powerful. It's weird. anyone else know of any issues like this?

Tried in two sources now, same thing. So it's not just a problem with one.

May 1, 2003 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 13
I guess I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried switch ears and making sure the change moves with the switch?

May 1, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 13
A friend of mine has one of these. After a week or two they improve quite a bit...

May 1, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
I guess I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried switch ears and making sure the change moves with the switch?

still is there... ^^;;

May 1, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 13
Hopefully break-in will fix it, though I doubt it...

peacesign.gif

May 1, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 13
anyone know how long the cord on the HD-280s are? im wondering if there gunna have a cord thats too long with it being coiled....dont wanna order them if there tugging on my head..
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by r0z00l
anyone know how long the cord on the HD-280s are? im wondering if there gunna have a cord thats too long with it being coiled....dont wanna order them if there tugging on my head..
smily_headphones1.gif

the cord is a few feet coiled, but can extend to like 10+ feet the cord isn't very intrusive

May 3, 2003 at 4:42 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by SageOHaze
The bass seems alright, a little weak and lost, with a little eq, its perfectly fine for my tastes and i assume will only get better with time.

I can't speak from experience (yet!), but I understand that the bass improves considerably when the phones are burned in.

As someone who's considering purchasing the 280, I'd be curious to hear what you think of them in the future.

May 3, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Xplo
I can't speak from experience (yet!), but I understand that the bass improves considerably when the phones are burned in.

As someone who's considering purchasing the 280, I'd be curious to hear what you think of them in the future.

I've had the 280s almost a full week now, leaving them to "break in" when I'm out during the day.

I am skeptical of claims to radical "breaking in" made by some people, but it is unmistakable that bass response has improved over the week on this pair. When I first plugged them in, I could hardly hear any bass, and now it's just a perfect amount for me (classical & jazz &c.).

From the nasty things the hard core rockers say about the 280s, I am sure they won't get any more boomy than they are now, but that's perfectly fine with me!

--Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back