Oustanding Chinese Headphone Amp: Cayin (Spark) HA-1A [Review]
Nov 2, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #76 of 81
I picked up a Cayin 265Ai class A integrated amp off of Audiogon last year when I (temporarily) ditched my headphone gear. I absolutely love it and was blown away by the solidness of build and excellent sound. I imagine their headphone amps are quite impressive...

Nov 2, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #77 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhw
I picked up a Cayin 265Ai class A integrated amp off of Audiogon last year when I (temporarily) ditched my headphone gear. I absolutely love it and was blown away by the solidness of build and excellent sound. I imagine their headphone amps are quite impressive...

Yes... no doubt it's a well made amp.

But... I would definitely want a current, 110-120 volt US version - because there have been reports that there are export versions vs domestic versions, coupled with some reports of noise in some units (perhaps associated with older, domestic units).

And... there are much better values available which reportedly sound just as good, or better - such as WooAudio 3, WooAudio 6, DarkVoice 336i, and maybe even the Dared MP-5, the BADA PH-12, and for Grados the venerable Mapletree EAR+ Purist HD.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #78 of 81
I tried the Cayin at a meet & really liked it.. But meat on the bones of my SA5000.. I know the author told me via PM, that I should get another amp for my SA5000 due to its low impedence.. I was suprised how low the noise actually was.. at listening levels I heard no noise, & just a minor miss with nothing playing or when I played the volume above what I normally listen too.. Got a minor wow, when I first heard it..

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #79 of 81
Sorry to bump this old thread but any fresh comparisons of this (damn big) amp to modern ones as a lot has changed in 2 years.

Was just Googling some stuff when I bumped into this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back