Our first ever planar magnetic can, VENUS is up for pre order
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #61 of 81
Hermes/EVRI is the worst courier in the world so whenever they decide to deliver things :slight_frown:
😥

Man, whenever you'll receive them. please-please listen to some Electronica (Trance, Progressive, House etc) and let us know your feelings,, I mean I don't know if it's your style of music, but I'd appreciate it, thank you! 👍👍

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #62 of 81
MOONDROP Venus (and new Void) were finally delivered and I dropped everything else to examine the Venus in great detail. Some photos and measurements as a teaser for the eventual review:

IMG_6220.jpg
IMG_6222.jpg
IMG_6221.jpg
IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6280.jpg
IMG_6255.jpg
IMG_6299.jpg

graph.png

graph.png

The comparison with the HIFIMAN Ananda is fairly apt here given the similar pricing and tonality, although I'd take the VENUS for the better build quality, smoother tuning, better detail retrieval, two cables both of which are better than the single HIFIMAN cable, and the lower cost too. But keep in mind that the VENUS is much harder to drive than the Ananda, so it can be harder to get its strengths in play if you don't have a decent amplifier. The VENUS is a more relaxed set at lower volumes and I only appreciated its slam when pushed to higher SPL that also isn't as nice on the ears. As such, @Nick24JJ may want to consider an EQ bass shelf or toning down the treble by ear if he wishes to use the VENUS for electronic music.

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #64 of 81
MOONDROP Venus (and new Void) were finally delivered and I dropped everything else to examine the Venus in great detail. Some photos and measurements as a teaser for the eventual review:

IMG_6220.jpg IMG_6222.jpg IMG_6221.jpg IMG_6239.jpg
IMG_6280.jpg IMG_6255.jpg IMG_6299.jpg
graph.png
graph.png

The comparison with the HIFIMAN Ananda is fairly apt here given the similar pricing and tonality, although I'd take the VENUS for the better build quality, smoother tuning, better detail retrieval, two cables both of which are better than the single HIFIMAN cable, and the lower cost too. But keep in mind that the VENUS is much harder to drive than the Ananda, so it can be harder to get its strengths in play if you don't have a decent amplifier. The VENUS is a more relaxed set at lower volumes and I only appreciated its slam when pushed to higher SPL that also isn't as nice on the ears. As such, @Nick24JJ may want to consider an EQ bass shelf or toning down the treble by ear if he wishes to use the VENUS for electronic music.
Wow! Did you take those beautiful photos?

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #65 of 81
Wow! Did you take those beautiful photos?
Yes sir, earlier today. Plenty more where they came from but I'll save it for the review.

Are the earpads and headband made of genuine leather?
Sure feels like it! They are perforated on the inside and contoured to better fit the head. I like them quite a bit.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #66 of 81
...But keep in mind that the VENUS is much harder to drive than the Ananda, so it can be harder to get its strengths in play if you don't have a decent amplifier. The VENUS is a more relaxed set at lower volumes and I only appreciated its slam when pushed to higher SPL that also isn't as nice on the ears. As such, @Nick24JJ may want to consider an EQ bass shelf or toning down the treble by ear if he wishes to use the VENUS for electronic music.
I don't know how to read the graphs but I do not like much what I see in the bass area... I will be looking forward to your review but I think I need to grow up...

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #67 of 81
Diffused field target is certainly an interesting choice to say the least. They look beautiful, but still skeptical on their performance.
you cant have harman target on open back unless it is very over damped (like dan clark stuff)
DF is great because it is a nice starting point if you want to use EQ correction, close to flat on compensated target is what you want to start with

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #69 of 81
Nov 22, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #70 of 81
Nov 22, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #72 of 81
Afraid not! The ear cups remind me of the Sivga SV023 and I am skeptical about the pure beryllium claims- maybe a coating at best at that price.
I'm wearing them right now, as in most evenings when I'm discovering new music on Bandcamp. Give them a try, if you'll ever come across them. On my KLH, the ear pads take the shape of my hear and create a perfect seal after approx. 20 minutes of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back