Ouch....
Oct 16, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #31 of 41
When I was small, I broke my thumb. It got stuck in the hinge of a steel door. I couldn't move until they opened the door. Luckily it was just crushed and not mamed off
eek.gif

Playing some sports a few months ago, I bruised both my big toes black and blue. Nails came off. That sucked! Still does....

Oct 16, 2003 at 3:01 AM Post #32 of 41
hi jon,

i recently whacked my little toe, not bad enough to break but it turned black and i had to tape it to the other toe to walk. OUCH! is right.

as long as we are sharing painful experiences, don't ever, EVER injure an eye. there is no way to explain the pain of having an pupil gouged by a sharp wooden stick (i got to keep the eye as you can see). anyway, like someone said, it was a stupid accident. oh, and pain killers don't work for eye injuries, btw.

take it easy for us sinners, man, and feel better soon.

Oct 16, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #33 of 41
JMT - Ow. Get well soon!
biggrin.gif

In order of decresing severity, I've broken both thumbs, sprained my ankle, lacerated my left middle finger with a band saw, had two ingrown toenails that required minor surgery, gotten 2nd degree burns from a solar powered Stirling engine, burned myself in countless places including my inner thigh with a soldering iron, and had several teeth pulled in addition to braces.

Oct 16, 2003 at 5:01 AM Post #34 of 41
Ahhh crap.
Go easy of the foot for awhile
smily_headphones1.gif

Till then, I'll make an offering to the gods for your prompt healing
wink.gif

Get well soon
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 5:03 AM Post #35 of 41
Sorry to hear it Jon. I hope you heal quick and dinner was good.

I'll just mention my most recent injury. I totally pulled my pinkie out to the side. My hand swelled to twice its normal size and my entire palm bruised. Took about 2 months before I couldn't see the bruise, and 3 before my finger worked again.

Oct 16, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #36 of 41
Sorry to hear about your injury JMT. That has gotta hurt. Are you going to take some time off work? I got an idea for an amp
biggrin.gif

Looks like most everybody here as an injury story. Onix's almost made me pass out.
I have been hurt but there is no need to tell it.

Oct 16, 2003 at 6:00 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Jon- how is the swelling? Do you have to elevate and use an icepack- and all that good stuff? How convenient for the guy who has to work for a living.

The swelling has gone down quite a bit. The Franken-boot (HighwayStar's term) really helps keep everything stable and I think that is helping. The 800m Motrin that I am taking helps as well. I elevate my foot when I can but it's tough to keep an icepack on it consistently. I was scheduled to do a training class next week but they found someone else to do it. I am pretty much going to use some of my 100 accumlated sick days for the next week or so.

Thanks for all the well wishes you guys.....and the gruesome stories. Misery loves company.

Oct 16, 2003 at 9:14 PM Post #38 of 41
Oh man, Jon...as a chronic toe stumper since I was just a little guy, all I can do is grimace. I do this on a regular basis but have never broken a toe...(I think).

edit: After further examination of my toes, they do seem to all be heading in different directions...

eek.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 11:07 AM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Onix's almost made me pass out.
I have been hurt but there is no need to tell it.

Hey Paulie, wanna hear about the machete cut I have on my arm?
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 11:49 AM Post #41 of 41
Misery loves company?

Just thank your lucky stars that Kathy Bates isn't nursing you back.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back