Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here
Mar 16, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #151 of 275
  ugh.. been way...too hectic recently.... (kinda a few in atm soo... mind might be a little random)

@ Kyaku
remember reading about you potentially making cables and such ,l got some silver up-occ cyro'd silver waiting for a new cable DYI build ( thought l brought 1 dyi cable to the meet (was for the LCD2s, but stayed with the stock one) , as well as as some viablue 1/4 jacks ( procrastination and would like more experience soldering before l use the expensive stuff. ), also received a hifiman 101 dac, a little while a go starting to give it a go and it is much better then what l thought would be considering cost, the one "con" that l have with is the bright blue LED which can covered with black hockey tape. hahaha.

I  can definitely help you solder that together, i wanted to order some silver solder as it might help with better conducting since the the joints will be held with somewhat of the same metals. I can use normal lead ones but im not sure if the silver occ will bond with it well. Let me track some and order that in.

edit, nvm i can get the solder locally.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #152 of 275

I love how it comes with a free HD650.  You know, the headphone I just bought.  Still, for a grand after discount, it must be a pretty serious DAP.  Too rich for my blood though.

Also, is anybody here interested in getting an Alessandro MS2?  Mine will be hitting the market shortly and I'd like to sell it locally if possible.  Don't want to have to mess with shipping and all that.

Im interested, depends how much you're asking though. Also the damn me200 are crackling again sooooo frustrating.... im not even using them at high volumes, so theres no way i somehow blew them... this time its  both sides.... you think they will let me full refund without getting hit with the %20 restocking fee? i love the sound of them i wish they were more consistent with build quality though.... 

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #153 of 275
Im interested, depends how much you're asking though. Also the damn me200 are crackling again sooooo frustrating.... im not even using them at high volumes, so theres no way i somehow blew them... this time its  both sides.... you think they will let me full refund without getting hit with the %20 restocking fee? i love the sound of them i wish they were more consistent with build quality though.... 

I don't get what's going on with them. Maybe they're outsourcing the assembly now or something. I'd almost bypass the store and send their head honcho an email. As for the Alessandro, check your PMs.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #154 of 275
I don't get what's going on with them. Maybe they're outsourcing the assembly now or something. I'd almost bypass the store and send their head honcho an email. As for the Alessandro, check your PMs.

Yes, the owners name is Gunnar and he works in the Toronto location. Ask for him as he is a good business person and I doubt he would let his reputation be tarnished. Store managers worry about the numbers more than owners sometimes and they make small minded decisions.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #155 of 275
  I  can definitely help you solder that together, i wanted to order some silver solder as it might help with better conducting since the the joints will be held with somewhat of the same metals. I can use normal lead ones but im not sure if the silver occ will bond with it well. Let me track some and order that in.

edit, nvm i can get the solder locally.

yeah... see the main problem with me is, just like Douglas Adams ( Hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy author) l am a massive procrastinator...and l get distracted quite easily, next thing l know it is a couple weeks later, and then l realize and go *BLEEEEEEP*... hahaha and then something else sidetracks me.( Though all this talk has 1/2 got me wanting to start a new dyi cable,OR @ least finish an old unfinished build and test it out )., l'm going to TRY and do the latter .

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #156 of 275
yeah... see the main problem with me is, just like Douglas Adams ( Hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy author) l am a massive procrastinator...and l get distracted quite easily, next thing l know it is a couple weeks later, and then l realize and go *BLEEEEEEP*... hahaha and then something else sidetracks me.( Though all this talk has 1/2 got me wanting to start a new dyi cable,OR @ least finish an old unfinished build and test it out )., l'm going to TRY and do the latter .
ok pm me your number, I'll come pick up the materials and procrastinate for you lol.

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #157 of 275
To everyone who is following this thread, mwallace573 and i were planning to have a mini-meet in the near future. And also Sonic Defender and i had plans to meet also. So why not mini-meet? So if you're interested drop a line. I'm positive Sonic Defender is down for this since he's always the one organizing. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #158 of 275
  To everyone who is following this thread, mwallace573 and i were planning to have a mini-meet in the near future. And also Sonic Defender and i had plans to meet also. So why not mini-meet? So if you're interested drop a line. I'm positive Sonic Defender is down for this since he's always the one organizing. 

Very often I'm available. I will have a new Sony PHA 3 amp and the Z7 to listen to so that could be fun. Dude, where they hell is that AKG 7xxx? Are you just messing with us?

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #159 of 275
I wonder if Matt's daughter has been born yet? Matt buddy, any news? Like if he has a new child he is hanging out here right? I'm a dumb-ass.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #160 of 275

Look at those time stamps omg customs must be a head fier and auditioned them for a week. My friend who sent them is a Noob and didn't know there was a tracking number, it says 18th they attempted to deliver and left a card, i got no such thing. I'm going in at 11 today to see what's up, so angry with Canada post. They never even tried to deliver **** lol

I saw Matt yesterday, as of 3pm Friday, no baby yet lol..

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #161 of 275
I wonder if Matt's daughter has been born yet? Matt buddy, any news? Like if he has a new child he is hanging out here right? I'm a dumb-ass.

The girl is making us wait a little longer it seems. Don't worry, I'll send you a message when we the eagle has landed. As for a mini meet, I'm down though my availability is questionable. If I'm not at work I need to stay close to the missus for when the time comes. Hey mark, didn't you say you had an HD650? If so, what about them did you not like? I'm loving them.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #162 of 275
The girl is making us wait a little longer it seems. Don't worry, I'll send you a message when we the eagle has landed. As for a mini meet, I'm down though my availability is questionable. If I'm not at work I need to stay close to the missus for when the time comes. Hey mark, didn't you say you had an HD650? If so, what about them did you not like? I'm loving them.

I really liked them as well, but I had the DT 880 at the same time and though it was close, I preferred the 880 as the rolled off treble of the 650 while not significant, ultimately was enough to make me crave that little missing element. The 650 is a very nice headphone, and I am very glad I had them for the year that I did.

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #163 of 275
I give up, absolutely will hate the k7xx now. I went to the post office, nothing. Called Canada post, they asked me my address, so i told them. They asked what unit. I was like there is no unit. One house. They said no there's two units, I'm like i live here, you don't. It's one, would you like me to put unit one from now on? No right? It'll confuse the delivery man even more. Trying to figure out which door is unit one, since there's no units. So now he's like ok I'll fix that, ok... done! It'll be there by end of the week. End of the week??????!?! Un fczking real.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #164 of 275
I give up, absolutely will hate the k7xx now. I went to the post office, nothing. Called Canada post, they asked me my address, so i told them. They asked what unit. I was like there is no unit. One house. They said no there's two units, I'm like i live here, you don't. It's one, would you like me to put unit one from now on? No right? It'll confuse the delivery man even more. Trying to figure out which door is unit one, since there's no units. So now he's like ok I'll fix that, ok... done! It'll be there by end of the week. End of the week??????!?! Un fczking real.

Don't hate the headphones, hate on Canada Post dude. You'll love the K7xx.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #165 of 275
Don't hate the headphones, hate on Canada Post dude. You'll love the K7xx.

You're right, they've killed my little kid in me. Excitement factor gone. However, if i look at it this way, i get the hp this week, then i get to see wu tang. Then weekend Is long weekend. I go yui Montreal for an electronic music fest. :D..... wait i hope they don't use it's a short week to not deliver it again. All hope is lost again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back