Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here
Mar 13, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #136 of 275
I agree, feels a little fragile.... they replaced my defective pair after listening to what i was complaining about. But boy do they sound amazing for what they are. Only real peeve for me is getting the right fit, i think i need a set of after market tips.

If you usually wear the medium tips, try the large ones.  I tried them after I had comfort issues with the medium ones (too much succion).  Turns out the large tips make a perfect seal by just sitting on the entrance of the ear canal.  Of course YMMV.

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #138 of 275
K realised the mass drop deal is only good if I'm in the states getting free shipping. Bah...

There is no free lunch in this hobby.

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #139 of 275

The grille on the left earbud is gone!  It must have come off when I was changing tips.  Not a problem sound-wise, still I'm glad I took the $10 no-questions-asked replacement warranty because they do seem a bit fragile.

But darn it I like how they sound.  Warm and non-fatiguing, yet nicely detailed in the lower end.  I know I have something good on my ears when I can easily pick out cellos and double-basses that are playing the same part.

Jeez.  I guess I got lucky with my pair.  Mine have been through a full wash/dry cycle and outside of some damage on the wire insulation they're no worse for wear.  Maybe they're really slacking on the QC right now or something.  I'll have to bear that in mind when recommending them in the future.  Glad to hear that you're liking them otherwise.  Their sound signature is, in my opinion, perfect for portable applications. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #141 of 275
As a true RFDer, i refuse to pay full price on anything lol. I even price match my groceries at super store (i save about 2-300$ on groceries a month), which allow me to have some sort of savings for this hobby lol. I don't mind having last gen stuff as long I'm getting a deal :p

Smart, you know I was totally joking right?

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #142 of 275

Jeez.  I guess I got lucky with my pair.  Mine have been through a full wash/dry cycle and outside of some damage on the wire insulation they're no worse for wear.  Maybe they're really slacking on the QC right now or something.  I'll have to bear that in mind when recommending them in the future.  Glad to hear that you're liking them otherwise.  Their sound signature is, in my opinion, perfect for portable applications. 

I'm going to keep the no-grille-on-the-left-side E200 for now, it still sounds awesome.  I might even take it off the right side, who knows...

As a true RFDer, i refuse to pay full price on anything lol. I even price match my groceries at super store (i save about 2-300$ on groceries a month), which allow me to have some sort of savings for this hobby lol. I don't mind having last gen stuff as long I'm getting a deal :p

LOL, I'm getting President's Choice ads on this page now thanks to you...

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #143 of 275

Smart, you know I was totally joking right?

Haha ofcourse i know, just sharing my sentiments when i realized i wasnt getting deal lol

I'm going to keep the no-grille-on-the-left-side E200 for now, it still sounds awesome.  I might even take it off the right side, who knows...

LOL, I'm getting President's Choice ads on this page now thanks to you...

Haha download this app called "Flipp", after youve made your grocery list, go to the app and search the items in your list, and it will show you all the flyers from all local grocery stores and the items you searched, it will show you which grocery store has it on sale, just tap the item and it will circle it. After youve done this with all your items you want to get go to the menu at top left and go to "clippings" and it will show you all the items youve circled. Sometimes when the item isnt huge savings i save the cashiers time and skip it, but the ones where you save alot. Such as fresh meats and juices etc... i price match those. I promise you all, at the end of the month youll be so happy. End of the year we will be all rocking STAX's hhehehe

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #145 of 275
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cc-astell-kern-ak120-portable-hifi-audio-player-audiophiles-deep-pockets-1695057/#post21897019
For anyone who wants to update their dap

Note that the deal expires today - March 15.  Be quick if you want one...

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #146 of 275
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cc-astell-kern-ak120-portable-hifi-audio-player-audiophiles-deep-pockets-1695057/#post21897019
For anyone who wants to update their dap

I love how it comes with a free HD650.  You know, the headphone I just bought.  Still, for a grand after discount, it must be a pretty serious DAP.  Too rich for my blood though.

Also, is anybody here interested in getting an Alessandro MS2?  Mine will be hitting the market shortly and I'd like to sell it locally if possible.  Don't want to have to mess with shipping and all that.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #147 of 275

I love how it comes with a free HD650.  You know, the headphone I just bought.  Still, for a grand after discount, it must be a pretty serious DAP.  Too rich for my blood though.

Also, is anybody here interested in getting an Alessandro MS2?  Mine will be hitting the market shortly and I'd like to sell it locally if possible.  Don't want to have to mess with shipping and all that.

List them on Canuckaudio Mart as well, usually sells things quickly if the price is fair. No little baby yet?

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #148 of 275
List them on Canuckaudio Mart as well, usually sells things quickly if the price is fair. No little baby yet?

No, no baby yet. We are all getting very impatient for her arrival.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #149 of 275
No, no baby yet. We are all getting very impatient for her arrival.

My wife had to be induced, and that didn't work so a C section was performed. The C section was no big deal at all and she was walking around the next day and barely needed pain medication after a few days.

Mar 15, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #150 of 275
ugh.. been way...too hectic recently.... (kinda a few in atm soo... mind might be a little random)

@ Kyaku
remember reading about you potentially making cables and such ,l got some silver up-occ cyro'd silver waiting for a new cable DYI build ( thought l brought 1 dyi cable to the meet (was for the LCD2s, but stayed with the stock one) , as well as as some viablue 1/4 jacks ( procrastination and would like more experience soldering before l use the expensive stuff. ), also received a hifiman 101 dac, a little while a go starting to give it a go and it is much better then what l thought would be considering cost, the one "con" that l have with is the bright blue LED which can covered with black hockey tape. hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back