Other ways to wear UE TF10?
Nov 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ucrime

Head-Fier

I have been reading everywhere that you have to wear them like the first picture, but is it also the right way to wear them like in the second picture?  I got the photos off the german amazon.com site for the TF10  I was just wondering it they are comfortable the second way, and can you get a seal.  When I wear them, I usually am just sitting on my bum, so I don't really worry about moving too much,   When people remold they, do they still wear them as in the 1st photo, or do they just plop them in.  I am hoping for mine to come tomorrow, so I am just building a knowledge base.  I would like to know why also

confused.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 12
I wore them the opposite of both of those pics with the body facing inward, with the flip mod..

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 12
I wear mine like the first photo but with the earpiece more rotated forward (or to the left in the photo) cause its the only way I get a good seal. the problem is keeping them in place and the stupid/terrible/hunk of meerkat droppings cable doesn't help. BTW if you cant get good fit a big group of us are trying to start a group remolding so we can all get a discount.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 12
I am hoping to get them tonight via UPS, and I have been thinking about the remolding, but I just have some demons that I don't understand.

Will the remolding change the sound?

How expensive is obtaining the molds, and how much time is needed (example: I live in NYC, I just worry the audiologist will charge 100-200$, and the wait to get the mold will be long, and I would have to take off some work to get them done).

Do the molds have to be replaced after a couple years.

Are there molds that can be created like the Etymotic ones and are they just as good?

How great a discount will head-fi get, and if so, will the quality suffer because they are giving 'discounts'?

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Will the remolding change the sound? No

Do the molds have to be replaced after a couple years. If you are young, your ears is still growing and you might have to remold them,

How great a discount will head-fi get, and if so, will the quality suffer because they are giving 'discounts'? ???

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 12
I meant, if everyone is getting a discount, then the people doing the remolds would have a larger volume, meaning they may have to work faster, and because of this, I would in the quality will suffer...

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
I meant, if everyone is getting a discount, then the people doing the remolds would have a larger volume, meaning they may have to work faster, and because of this, I would in the quality will suffer...

That's what I thought.. A rushed job could be a bit of annoyance.

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 12
I finally got around to trying out my new Monster Super Tips on the TF10 and all I can say is wow. The medium gel tips are pretty much perfect for me the TF10 are staying in place and can I dare say it almost comfortable. I think its because of how they fit on the TF10, it keeps the body away from my ear so I only have the gel touching my ear. Much Much Much better than the sony hybrids I had on them before.... that being said I still want to make them customs 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
I wore them the opposite of both of those pics with the body facing inward, with the flip mod..

Flip mod is definitely more comfortable than the way they're being worn in pics 1 and 2, just you lose your UE being shown to the world to indicate your ULTIMATE EARS (or something)

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:

So If I wear them down with the UE facing in, should the right be in my left ear than? Getting confused here, because I prefer to wear them straight down with the UE faced in, just not sure if I need to switch the cable or which housing goes in which ear.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
So If I wear them down with the UE facing in, should the right be in my left ear than? Getting confused here, because I prefer to wear them straight down with the UE faced in, just not sure if I need to switch the cable or which housing goes in which ear.

If you want to retain the proper L/R channels then you switch the cables into the opposite earpieces. If that isn't important to you then I guess just change the direction of the memory wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back