Other peoples passions you just don't get
Jun 25, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #76 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman19853 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
puke.gif

i regret actually googling that...

You should read some of the scat stories on the forum. One of the more interesting reads on the internet.

Jun 25, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #77 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should read some of the scat stories on the forum. One of the more interesting reads on the internet.

LOL... You read that "Crap" and call it interesting?LMAO...

I'd prefer to read the South Coast Area Transit, "SCAT" bus schedules....

LOL...yea, I'm "weird" like that then...
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #78 of 85
For me it's also celebrities. I don't mind clothing obsessions as much because I'm somewhat involved... I'm not OBSESSED but I do like to look nice. I buy my share of polo's and shorts/jeans to go with them.

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #79 of 85
-Sports, if aliens look out from their spaceships and watch a sport game, they'll probably die laughing. "Look, those man chasing after a ball! Look over there!! Thousands of people watching one man whack a TEENY WEENY ball!! LOLZZzzzzzZ!!!!!"

-Cameras, I know I'm going to get ripped on this... but I've seen people obsessing over lenses instead of going to take more pictures and I dont think lenses are cheap either.

-Car modifications and tuning, gentlemen, your car is not going to fly off the road unless you are going to race using that car at high speed, so don't tell me that you modify it so that it is more stable.

-Expensive Haircut... period.

Some that I dont agree

While I think fashion can be a little bit overblown sometimes (who really need THAT many handbags) and they new chic accessories you bought go out of fashions before you can say "Look at my new bag!". Then there is the one about designer's brand, sometimes even designer brands put out ordinary (read: BLAND) or just plain ugly stuff. Or even fashion brands (be it designers or non-designers brands) that over price their stuff. NO WAY am I paying ten thousand dollars for a Hermes leather bag, I dont care how high quality it is, nor how hand-sewn it is. The functionality does not justify the price.

BUT, I think a nicely design piece of fashion clothing can be had for reasonably price and I am all for shopping. There is a difference in the cut and the fabric of quality clothing (regardless of the cost). I'm abit of a shopping person, I dont shop alot but I like buying clothes. A nice fitting and well design pair of shirt/pants/shoes/accessories are many time worth buying.

Jun 25, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #80 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with this. I tried a fantasy pool for the NHL playoffs this year and I couldn't even keep my interest up for the first round.

But I think that anyone who can get really into that stuff would probably make a great accountant.

I'm a CPA and I can't stand fantasy pools/sports. I guess that's another passion I just don't get.

Jun 25, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #82 of 85
shizzing out a car. why? you drive it to work and have to obey maximums. pointless. then to show the world your overstrutted work-carriage, you have to install the soup can muffler so that you can be loud down the streets whilst getting fat or having to pay for gym fees since you never get off your fat bumper.

saying: i have to have a car. most people who say that have never researched other options truly. i know many who say that who work and live on the same bus line i take every day.

going to watch movies in those big-screen places. all movies there look the same and sound the same. why not go to a smaller place where movies that never made it through the stupidified filters are.

Jun 25, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #83 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthused /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About the only true sports left are high school & college. The athletes are not being paid (as a rule) and they play thier hearts out, unlike the highly overpaid pampered professional athletes that seem to view it as a job, and lost thier passion for it. I'm not saying all the pros, but if you watch the amatuers, your watching real sports.

Oh, BTW, there is one pro sport that is still 100% real and thats professional wrestling.
wink.gif
I mean come on, how can it not be real, RIGHT?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

get out more mate. really. i think we have too many lazies here that is why 'sports' is being blown away here. if you are good enough at a sport to play professionally, that can be the most rewarding career of all. some sports don't actually make much money at all, just enough to live comfortably and some quite less than that.

if by 'sports' everyone just means the big 3 american sports - well yawn sure. but there are thousands of other amazing sports out there - it is a hobby or past time that can be more rewarding than others as you are healthy and/or focused and are bettered for it.

Jun 25, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #84 of 85
One I can't get in trouble for saying - Political Pundits - shut the **** up!!!!!

Jun 25, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #85 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One I can't get in trouble for saying - Political Pundits - shut the **** up!!!!!

Agreed, and some folks regergatating their favored political bias as told to them by these biased so called news editorial pundits really is testing the limits of civility. Get a hobby...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back