Other good iems for Ety HF3 custom tips?
Sep 6, 2022 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

llcawthorne

New Head-Fier
I got custom tips for my Etymotic HF3 iems. The tips seem to be in good shape still, but the HF3’s are falling apart. According to the comply site, HF3 uses Comply 100’s. Is it true that I can probably reuse my tips with any iems that fit Comply 100’s? Or are they only good on the near dead HF3’s?

I’m just wondering what I could get as a replacement that they would fit, since my custom tips are really comfortable. If you need a specific headphone, I was thinking maybe Etymotic ER4XR. I’m not Ety loyal though and anything roughly as good as my Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex Edition without burning up my ears that is either super comfortable on its own or would fit my tips. Bonus points if it is wireless, since I don’t lose any quality that I notice going between wired and wireless. I listen mostly to rock and metal, plus whatever Lindsey Stirling is (instrumental?).

I’ve just been wearing AirPods most of the summer. I’m no audiophile but even I can tell those don’t sound as good as my Crossfades. They’re near as comfortable as customs and fine for podcasts or audiobooks though. No hot ears with comfort and less of a quality trade off is my ultimate goal, and if I could do it without needing new custom tips whether by reusing these or just naturally comfortable headphones without constantly shelling out for more foam, then great.

Sep 6, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 3
Long story short, I was thinking of trying AirPods Pro to see if they were good enough, but then I remembered how comfortable my custom tips were and wondered if I could reuse them with something. I’d rather not spend more than $300 or so.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 3
The canal size of the Comply 100 will fit all Ety IEMs, and Shure, and Westone.

I have used Ety HF3 for almost 10 years now, and have recently replaced an 8+ year old set, and they sound just as good as the original. I like the HF3 b/c I use them to cut the grass, etc, places where I need isolation AND inline phone / volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back