[ortho transplant] "Orthosex": SFI into AKG K240 Sextett LP (in progress)
Sep 21, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #47 of 51
Thanks, those are pretty helpful. I haven't had too much time lately to tinker... maybe later this week.

Sep 23, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #48 of 51
nice thread, keep it coming please...

i only have experiment with SFI's 32&120ohm on cheap fosterfones that not more expensives than fake francfranc, fake ATH ES7/ESW9..
and not to forget, the huge Sony MDR11..maybe some of ortho'ers like Kabeer or wualta remember what i've meant... :p
i only could make em sound great (in terms flat/balanced) on small enclosure with supraural pads...
my pal trooper had try to put em on more expensive enclosure (offcourse the fosterfones with broken driver) like Sony V150, Senn HD437 or similar, Grado SR60, AKG K501...
and end similar with my experiments, it's only sound good on smaller enclosure like on the v150's, Senn & Grado...
put em on K501 or DR11 are too hard, too many space to damping...too many damping will leads us to inefficience, i mean too hard too drive...:frowning2:

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #49 of 51
Any pictures of a K240 monitor being taken apart?

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #50 of 51
Sorry, I don't... though I don't see it being significantly different from a sextett. 

I really need to pick up this project again. It's been a while. 

Feb 26, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #51 of 51
Reviving after nearly a decade. All the parts of this project have been sitting in a box in my basement for years now.
Would anybody be interested in the box? I don't really know if the parts are worth anything these days. Open to offers or whatever.

edit: album of pics is here: https://www.head-fi.org/media/albums/orthomod-2-sextett.43719/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back