MSRP : $399

Sounds really nice.
Flat and Clear but FUN
with very nice package for $399

이미지_2021-02-26_195313.png

이미지_2021-02-26_195403.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 133
There's a Korean review of them with IEC711 frequency response measurements: blog.naver.com/gre_nada/222182220513

The FR looks really nice and enjoyable. It's also nice to see that ORIVETI went for a cable with 2-pin connectors instead of MMCX.

May 21, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 133
I got my hands on a set of the O400 not too long ago, and my impressions of them are still very positive. While I haven't done any direct side-by-side comparisons yet (but will do), their technical performance is definitely (and quite easily, if I may already say so) worth the price; the tuning is indeed executed in a tremendously great way, with probably the best and most non-obtrusive, nearly bass-only focus on the lows' lift that I have heard so far, with the moderate elevation really mainly just happening in the frequencies below 150 Hz, with the climax reached nicely low below 40 Hz, therefore any fundamental range warmth/bloom is avoided and the O400 are even more "truly sub-bass-focused" than in-ears such as the Etymotic ER2XR, Shure SE846 or Earsonics ES3. Definitely quite impressive how well they implemented the bass boost (the highest bass amplitude is around 7 dB in quantity compared to diffuse-field standards in the true sub-bass).
Generally, what my ears are telling me when listening to sine sweeps, is that the tuning follows a very mild loudness compensation curve with the aforementioned bass boost and a very gentle, rather broad lift around 7.5 kHz (the level here is just marginally louder in relation to 1 kHz, so definitely no typical brightness-creating elevation). Generally smooth and natural treble; perhaps not entirely as linear and smooth as Etymotic's in-ears, but pretty close and without any annoyance, sudden dips or peaks, and threrefore realistic sounding.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 133
Looking forward to reviews on these, especially compared to the oh500 to see the differences. Not that it matters at the moment as I cannot buy either in the uk at the moment!

May 30, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 133
Ordered

May 30, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 133
These looks gorgeous. I’ve had the OH500 and sold them last year. They were good but lacking a bit of coherency. I am looking forward to getting these Saphirs!

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #9 of 133
My review's generally taking longer to finish than expected and than usual, but that's mainly because of how much I also personally like the O400 (which was quite clear given that I already knew the frequency response thanks to the Korean Ear-Fi Blog site, but I didn't expect them to perform this well on the technical level wherefore I wanted to make sure that it's really the ORIVETIs' technical performance that I'm hearing and not any sort of "honeymoon period mental high flavour of the month thingie", and now after having finished my critical listening direct side-by-side comparisons, I can confirm that the O400 really are this good).

Now I only need to transform my keynotes into written text and then it's finished.
To break it down, I would rate the O400 as follows:

Tuning:
Bass: Excellent (i.e. perfect)
Mids: Excellent
Highs: Very good

Technical performance:
Very good to excellent (definitely excellent in their respective price range; especially the clean separation is noteworthy; generally very high control)

Soundstage:
Three-simensional to my ears. Not the very largest (not Campfire Audio Andromeda/Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors/NocturnaL Audio Atlantis tier in terms of size, but not congested either and three-dimensional to my ears; authentic). Clean imaging with very good separation and especially portrayal of "emptiness" between and around tonal elements/instruments.

Now that I've had listened to the O400 for a bit over a month and used and tested them quite a bit (but haven't used them exclusively in order to not getting too used and connected to them), I can say that for me, for recreational listening (i.e. not totally Etymotic ER-4S/ER4SR-flat, which is the tuning that I prefer for IEM listening from my CD rig), they are, when it comes to tuning and overall preference, among my top 5-ish list; the last IEMs that managed to delight me this much were the Etymotic ER2XR, and given that the O400 follow a comparable but not identical tuning, with an even more "sub-bass-only focus" lift in the lows, and (now that I have performed direct comparisons) are also one or two notches above when it comes to technical performance (most noticeable in fast and demanding situations), I think it's rather safe to say that people who also like the ER2XR as well as Shure SE846, especially when it comes to bass implementation, are also rather likely to really like the O400.

May 31, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 133
My review's generally taking longer to finish than expected and than usual, but that's mainly because of how much I also personally like the O400 (which was quite clear given that I already knew the frequency response thanks to the Korean Ear-Fi Blog site, but I didn't expect them to perform this well on the technical level wherefore I wanted to make sure that it's really the ORIVETIs' technical performance that I'm hearing and not any sort of "honeymoon period mental high flavour of the month thingie", and now after having finished my critical listening direct side-by-side comparisons, I can confirm that the O400 really are this good).

Now I only need to transform my keynotes into written text and then it's finished.

Tuning:

Technical performance:
Very good to excellent (definitely excellent in their respective price range; especially the clean separation is noteworthy; generally very high control)

Soundstage:
Three-simensional to my ears. Not the very largest (not Campfire Audio Andromeda/Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors/NocturnaL Audio Atlantis tier in terms of size, but not congested either and three-dimensional to my ears; authentic). Clean imaging with very good separation and especially portrayal of "emptiness" between and around tonal elements/instruments.

Now that I've had listened to the O400 for a bit over a month and used and tested them quite a bit (but haven't used them exclusively in order to not getting too used and connected to them), I can say that for me, for recreational listening (i.e. not totally Etymotic ER-4S/ER4SR-flat, which is the tuning that I prefer for IEM listening from my CD rig), they are, when it comes to tuning and overall preference, among my top 5-ish list; the last IEMs that managed to delight me this much were the Etymotic ER2XR, and given that the O400 follow a comparable but not identical tuning, with an even more "sub-bass-only focus" lift in the lows, and (now that I have performed direct comparisons) are also one or two notches above when it comes to technical performance (most noticeable in fast and demanding situations), I think it's rather safe to say that people who also like the ER2XR as well as Shure SE846, especially when it comes to bass implementation, are also rather likely to really like the O400.
I love my ER2XR, very excited to get the O400. Nice write-up btw.

Jun 1, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #13 of 133
I love my ER2XR, very excited to get the O400. Nice write-up btw.

I really love the ER2XR too.

I just finished transforming the SE846 direct comparison notes into continuous text; haven't done it yet with the ER2XR direct comparison notes, but I've quoted them below for you and anybody else who is interested.

Both in-ears’ tuning direction is generally quite comparable.

ER2XR bit stronger sub-bass and bass in general, and therefore a bit more upper bass punch and bit more warmth in the low fundamental range in comparison
O400 less intimate / more relaxed/distanced midrange presentation while similar timbre; ER2XR more direct/intimate/closer to the listener
ER2XR slightly more even/refined treble tuning to my ears when listening to music and thus slightly more realistic treble response (violins and cymbals) in direct comparison; generally comparable treble tuning with the exception being in the upper highs where the O400 are slightly brighter than the Etymotic in comparison

O400 slightly better separation
O400 somewhat higher transparency and resolution
comparable treble details but O400 ultimately a bit ahead, especially in fast passages
O400 cleaner sub-bass whereas ER-2XR bit soft in comparison
O400 generally a bit tighter/faster in the lows

O400 somewhat more precise imaging with better separation
ORIVETI appear bit wider/larger in comparison

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #14 of 133

Tuning:

Technical performance:

Soundstage:

Very nice write up ,
Can you please make a comparison between the O400 and OH500 , which one is more superior , thanks ,

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #15 of 133
Very nice write up ,
Can you please make a comparison between the O400 and OH500 , which one is more superior , thanks ,

I don't have the OH500 and never heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back