Oritek audio Upgraded Zhaolu D2.5 questions
May 3, 2007 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

neo770

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was just looking into the Oritek audio Upgraded Zhaolu D2.5 to use as a DAC for my PC when I saw the image in this thread.

I know the one in the image is a 2.0 and the one I want is the 2.5A from Audiogon

Anyway the question is it seems the optical in on the Oritek mod seems to be covered/removed. Will this be the same on the Oritek 2.5? or am I looking at this all wrong?

May 3, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo770 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway the question is it seems the optical in on the Oritek mod seems to be covered/removed. Will this be the same on the Oritek 2.5? or am I looking at this all wrong?

By default the optical is disabled on the D2 or D2.5 with the mod, but the optical receiver is not removed.
I found the coaxial input to be significantly more transparent than the optical and opted to disable the optical in order to eliminate excess wiring inside the cabinet - mainly to remove potential noise sources. You can request to leave the optical input available if it's a mandatory requirement for you.
There is one unit in which the optical receiver was removed to make space for a BNC connector. Perhaps that's the picture that confused you...
confused.gif

Ori

May 3, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 9
Hey thanks for the quick reply!

In that case sweet, I will be ordering one from Audiogon with the Optical left connected as I would like to have that option.

BTW is that Audiogon item yours? Or do you have a website I can order through?

Thanks.

May 3, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Yes, Serus on A'gon is Ori, so feel free to contact him there.....or here....or via his website (Google it; not a professional job, but has contact info).....

May 4, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #8 of 9
I actually like the new face plate much more than the original Zhaolu one, it simply seems more hmm... mechanic, and I like things that looks cold, simple and clean

==================================================

wonder if black faceplate is available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back