Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Nov 22, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #5,716 of 7,998
Agree. I used to work for one of the subsidiaries of Alibaba. These are banner sale items to drive traffic. And hope that when people come in, they’d pick up other stuff which are less radically discounted.

Yeah once I took a step back and asked myself the question as to whether I would use a similar method to drives sales, the answer was 100% yes - my career has often involved driving demand either online or bricks and mortar, even offering higher discounts on a small number of loss-leader type items.

So hats off to Musicteck, noise generated and no doubt a good flow of traffic to the site - equals more business for Andrew and his ability to further serve our audiophile needs! And indeed a great opportunity for four lucky people to snap up Traillii at an amazing price.

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #5,717 of 7,998
Yeah once I took a step back and asked myself the question as to whether I would use a similar method to drives sales, the answer was 100% yes - my career has often involved driving demand either online or bricks and mortar, even offering higher discounts on a small number of loss-leader type items.

So hats off to Musicteck, noise generated and no doubt a good flow of traffic to the site - equals more business for Andrew and his ability to further serve our audiophile needs! And indeed a great opportunity for four lucky people to snap up Traillii at an amazing price.
Indeed! And at the end of the day, there will always be a place which might offer a cheaper price. But as long as we enjoy and have enjoyed what we have, I think the point is moot. :)

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #5,718 of 7,998
I wonder if you get the Traillii stock cable along with the FT, in which case it's an absolute sweetener. Doubt it though.
1637602615872.png

Included. It's not the shielded version but still a good deal for anyone on the fence :beerchug:

Nov 22, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #5,719 of 7,998
I agree. $5K with a super high-end cable, $4K without. That's where I'd peg the real worth of the Bird. Said it from day one, so not just responding to the sale price.
Can we define, “real worth?”

Even just philosophically…what do you mean?

Nov 22, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #5,720 of 7,998
Isn’t “real worth” something defined in Marxist economics? There, the “real value” is defined by the amount of labor used to manufacturer a product. If you subscribe to this definition, then I am afraid Traillii’s real value is nowhere near $4000…

In modern economics and especially pricing theory, the price of a product is driven by supply and demand. Manufacturing cost comes into the equation by affecting the supply, but it is very hard to talk about how it affects the price without referring to the demand. On the demand side, there’s the closely related concept of economic rent which states that the product best in the market can be sold for whatever premium the manufacturer wants because people chase for its uniqueness. Of course, when its uniqueness gradually goes away, the premium shrinks.

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #5,721 of 7,998
Can we define, “real worth?”

Even just philosophically…what do you mean?
I simply mean what I think it's worth in dollar terms. What I personally feel is a fair price. It's not an absolute, just my personal valuation, having heard it for myself. Each person will have their own idea of what this number would be to them, and some would pay whatever it costs because they can afford it, and not worry about trivial labels like 'worth' 😝

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #5,722 of 7,998
Well, it's been a while since I pulled the trigger and bought Trailli. As they drove up to me, I read the topic from the first page. Fortunately, not immediately, but in a few days. So, sometimes I even had time to sleep.

I saw a cautious curiosity, I saw a distrust that was replaced by sincere delight. I saw sincere, almost childish joy and broken skepticism, broken spears around the price. And saw an increase in price. I saw the disappointment when people who usually buy for dating and sell, a few months ago almost rushed to sell Trailli. I saw panic here, some excitedly asked - what happened. I saw disappointment again and finally a resurgence of faith that all was not lost. I saw how the cablerolling and the selection of the source began. I watched in amazement as some seriously tried to find what seemed to be the cheapest good source for such headphones. I've seen Ori become the best headphones in the world, considered better than more expensive models, and compared to noticeably cheaper ones. How they became the best in the world for metal, jazz, EBM and other genres. I've seen how boring or, conversely, their faceplates can be beautiful.
So let me say a few words that probably won't be new, and of course there are only IMHO. And forgive my bad English.

So, of course, when a thing gets cheaper, those who pay less for it feel lucky. It makes more discussions and attention. But those who have paid the full cost feel with broken heart and wallet. This is also normal, but the longer the model lasts, the harder the competition. So the price has to go down. And it is this gradual reduction in price that makes those who bought first not so unhappy - yet then the times were different.
The price dropped on the secondary market, so those who did not have enough money had the opportunity to join the pack. At least someone, apparently, looks at this "generation of second owners" like on white ... Trailli)
So, the price. Whether they cost how much, everyone must decide for themselves. Naturally, headphones are not cheap, and besides, they are not cheap even on the secondary market. So for some, their price would be insane.
Was it crazy to set such a price at the start of the sale? No. Unfortunately, the modern world is such that it is not enough to just make a good model. It still needs to be sold.
And to the club of top are allowed only with top prices. That is, no one would take the model as seriously and as a competitor, for example, EE Odin or 64 Forte, if its manufacturer was just altruistic and set the minimum possible price, for example, in the conventional 1k dollars. I also don't print money, and I don't like the current trend of tops that should be higher than at least their previous model in price. Theoretically, competition should lower the price. But in fact it plays the role of positioning. That is, if it is a top, then it must also compete on price. And better things costs more.

It's like poker. It is not enough to just have good cards, even if they are ok, but if there is no money, you lose. So would they get worse if they were cheaper? I do not know what to save. Prices are not so transparent and this price is not because they assembled the headphones from the components for $ 200 and added 300% benefit. Obviously, the price includes previous unsuccessful attempts and other costs left behind, but which eventually led to the fact that this model now exists and that it is just that.

Apparently, if they cost less, they would become napalm that would burn out many competitors. As was the case, for example, with Andromeda or Solaris.
Why did everyone rush to sell them? Everyone has their reasons. Someone just keeps moving on and can't be with the headphones for long time. And why so fast? Well, because when the price is 60% of the store it is a good discount. And when it is only 15%, it is still less. And someone will want to have the experience of tearing crispy films and pay more. But Black Friday is always a day of discounts. And everything is getting cheaper. So it is good that there will be more owners.

As for the source, I understand why people use dongles, but I think that they or Cayin N6-2 (mid/high-mid) level players, although not bad, are not good enough for Ori. That is, if I already have good headphones, then there must be a suitable source. I understand that for some I may say like a snob with my LPGT, but I think that the headphones are worthy of a quality player. And the simpler ones will not reveal them enough. Still, I think Ori is worth buying to get the maximum of the music, not the maximum of the dongle or mid-player capabilities.

And, my short impressions.
First, it is a small bird in a large nest. I'm a big fan of van nuys, so I've seen a bit of their cases. This one is big. It's nice that he's special. Will I use it often? I don't know, he's still big. Like twin tubes too. They are larger than standard van nuys. So I went back to the famous Campfire Audio twinbag solution. So on the set - this price adjusts to something more premium. On the other hand, perhaps it is a Japanese tradition that is designed not to distract from the main thing.

As for the sound, yes, these are the best headphones for metal, jazz and anything else. I was afraid that their sound would be too thick. And he is just like that. Thick, rich. Their scene is quite wide and deep, but that's not what the wow effect is. Iems dont have wow effect. Just playing. Just gorgeous. Iems are the most macro I've ever heard. But for me it's not too much, because they are one of the best in terms of technicality and analysis. That is, the sound is not too heavy, muddy, clumsy, greasy, and so on. It is very variable. From recording to recording, from beat to beat or from string to string. No need to guess when someone, for example, is playing tapping. Just good vocals sound really great. Emotional, but true. Let's say Beth Hart, Michael Patton or Will Ramos.

The positioning of the tools is very good. And because of the good dynamic range, and because of the right size. When it is natural records. When it's metal or electronics, it all depends on how it's written. There were some tracks where the beats were so large and huge that I was really surprised - and in the headphones it is possible ?!
At the same time, headphones are not megacritical of recording quality. That is, if he is ok and you are willing to tolerate his non-perfection - they will pull out everything that was there in the subconscious. Just a good record will sound better. Many times better.

Well, a few words about the cable. I gave up stock and use DHC Symbiote Elite 19. Convenient, albeit thick. Also good with Effect Cleo. But not so radically.
IMG_20211123_155123_532.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #5,723 of 7,998
Well, it's been a while since I pulled the trigger and bought Trailli. As they drove up to me, I read the topic from the first page. Fortunately, not immediately, but in a few days. So, sometimes I even had time to sleep.

I saw a cautious curiosity, I saw a distrust that was replaced by sincere delight. I saw sincere, almost childish joy and broken skepticism, broken spears around the price. And saw an increase in price. I saw the disappointment when people who usually buy for dating and sell, a few months ago almost rushed to sell Trailli. I saw panic here, some excitedly asked - what happened. I saw disappointment again and finally a resurgence of faith that all was not lost. I saw how the cablerolling and the selection of the source began. I watched in amazement as some seriously tried to find what seemed to be the cheapest good source for such headphones. I've seen Trails become the best headphones in the world, considered better than more expensive models, and compared to noticeably cheaper ones. How they became the best in the world for metal, jazz, EBM and other genres. I've seen how boring or, conversely, their faceplates can be beautiful.
So let me say a few words that probably won't be new, and of course there are only IMHO. And forgive my bad English.

So, of course, when a thing gets cheaper, those who pay less for it feel lucky. It makes more discussions and attention. But those who have paid the full cost feel with broken heart and wallet. This is also normal, but the longer the model lasts, the harder the competition. So the price has to go down. And it is this gradual reduction in price that makes those who bought first not so unhappy - yet then the times were different.
The price dropped on the secondary market, so those who did not have enough money had the opportunity to join the pack. At least someone, apparently, looks at this "generation of second owners" like on white ... Trailli)
So, the price. Whether they cost how much, everyone must decide for themselves. Naturally, headphones are not cheap, and besides, they are not cheap even on the secondary market. So for some, their price would be insane.
Was it crazy to set such a price at the start of the sale? No. Unfortunately, the modern world is such that it is not enough to just make a good model. It still needs to be sold.
And to the club of top are allowed only with top prices. That is, no one would take the model as seriously and as a competitor, for example, EE Odin or 64 Forte, if its manufacturer was just altruistic and set the minimum possible price, for example, in the conventional 1k dollars. I also don't print money, and I don't like the current trend of tops that should be higher than at least their previous model in price. Theoretically, competition should lower the price. But in fact it plays the role of positioning. That is, if it is a top, then it must also compete on price. And it is better when it costs more.

It's like poker. It is not enough to just have good cards, even if they are ok, but if there is no money, you lose. So would they get worse if they were cheaper? I do not know what to save. Prices are not so transparent and this price is not because they assembled the headphones from the components for $ 200 and added 300% benefit. Obviously, the price includes previous unsuccessful attempts and other costs left behind, but which eventually led to the fact that this model now exists and that it is just that.

Apparently, if they cost less, they would become napalm that would burn out many competitors. As was the case, for example, with Andromeda or Solaris.
Why did everyone rush to sell them? Everyone has their reasons. Someone just keeps moving on and can't be with the headphones for long time. And why so fast? Well, because when the price is 60% of the store it is a good discount. And when it is only 15%, it is still less. And someone will want to have the experience of tearing crispy films and pay more. But Black Friday is always a day of discounts. And everything is getting cheaper. So it is good that there will be more owners.

And, my short impressions.
First, it is a small bird in a large nest. I'm a big fan of van nuys, so I've seen a bit of their cases. This one is big. It's nice that he's special. Will I use it often? I don't know, he's still big. Like twin tubes too. They are larger than standard van nuys. So I went back to the famous Campfire Audio twinbag solution. So on the set - this price adjusts to something more premium. On the other hand, perhaps it is a Japanese tradition that is designed not to distract from the main thing.

As for the sound, yes, these are the best headphones for metal, jazz and anything else. I was afraid that their sound would be too thick. And he is just like that. Thick, rich. Their scene is quite wide and deep, but that's not what the wow effect is. Iems dont have wow effect. Just playing. Just gorgeous. Iems are the most macro I've ever heard. But for me it's not too much, because they are one of the best in terms of technicality and analysis. That is, the sound is not too heavy, muddy, clumsy, greasy, and so on. It is very variable. From recording to recording, from beat to beat or from string to string. No need to guess when someone, for example, is playing tapping. Just as good vocals sound just super. Let's say Beth Hart, Michael Patton or Will Ramos.

The positioning of the tools is very good. And because of the good dynamic range, and because of the right size. When it is natural records. When it's metal or electronics, it all depends on how it's written. There were some tracks where the beats were so large and huge that I was really surprised - and in the headphones it is possible ?!
At the same time, headphones are not megacritical of recording quality. That is, if he is ok and you are willing to tolerate his non-perfection - they will pull out everything that was there in the subconscious. Just a good record will sound better. Many times better.

Well, a few words about the cable. I gave up stock and use DHC Symbiote Elite 19. Convenient, albeit thick. Also good with Effect Cleo. But not so radically.IMG_20211123_155123_532.jpg
Excellent post! You have nicely summed up the journey of Traillii for a number of people here.

Nov 23, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #5,724 of 7,998
I know there is often the price discussion coming back with the Bird.
If I look at my situation, I purchase too many IEMs, I am aware of this problem.
But I mostly come to regret some 1-3$ purchase with IEM over time. However the Bird is still an IEM I use often and come back to.
I was testing the Monarch mk2, and before that I spent time with the EVO, soon the MEST Indigo. But I am almost certain that in 6 months, all of them will be gone but the Bird.

I am happy it goes cheaper if it allows more people to try it.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #5,725 of 7,998
I know there is often the price discussion coming back with the Bird.
If I look at my situation, I purchase too many IEMs, I am aware of this problem.
But I mostly come to regret some 1-3$ purchase with IEM over time. However the Bird is still an IEM I use often and come back to.
I was testing the Monarch mk2, and before that I spent time with the EVO, soon the MEST Indigo. But I am almost certain that in 6 months, all of them will be gone but the Bird.

I am happy it goes cheaper if it allows more people to try it.
Agreed, it helped solidify a new gold standard for myself-basically to the point that I knew the only way to really go up besides complimenting it with a DD IEM was to get into TOTL headphones😭

The desire to try new IEMs has dwindled dramatically to say the least.

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #5,726 of 7,998
I’ve tried most totl iems…the bird remains in a class by itself in many sonic categories.

As a cohesive whole, it remains untouched, imo.

It is deserving of its price (whatever that is) because it’s the best I’ve heard. Considering what else is out there, that’s saying a lot.

I wish it didn’t need a cable of equal value to be taken to new heights, but the traillii simply begs to be taken as high as it can go; far more so than any other iem I’ve heard to date.

Others iems may have individual characteristics that rival bird, but as a complete package, there’s nothing else i’ve heard that comes close.

I won’t top Amadeo, but that’s my daily ode to the bird.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #5,727 of 7,998
@toaster thanks, that's what I was trying to convey.
I think, headphones like Ori are asked to open them as much as possible. It's nice that they don't require it. But they ask that you can get the most. I mean critical of the record. For example, today I listened to them on my player for a long time again. And my music library is very extensive and diverse. So there were live and studio recordings, and some decent quality demos. All of them were played with the highest quality, but when I listen a good studio recording after the demo - there is a noticeable difference. However, it is very important that the headphones do not make such recordings bad - they just transmit the recording as it is. Not very good, and not bad, with details and emotios. But, of course, I want to get the most. So picking up a cable and source for Ori is a really interesting thing.

As for those who sold the Bird - thank you, you gave more people the opportunity to get to know them. In particular to me)
IMG_20211124_194523.jpg

Nov 24, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #5,728 of 7,998
Nov 24, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #5,729 of 7,998
I want to take this thanksgiving opportunity to say thanks to this community for help with my addiction and journey this year! 2021 definitely revolved around the Traillii ! :sweat_smile:

Safe and happy holidays!

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #5,730 of 7,998
So I have been watching the Traillii forum for a while, going back and forth between blind buying them since they are pretty much non-existent in Southeast Asia to demo before buying..

Now the rankings for Traillii (A+) and a whole bunch of stuff are finally out.. and of all the A+ iems in the list, I am most familiar with the VE8 and CFA's Solaris.. has anyone listened to all three and can confirm that they are indeed in the same league?

Should I also adjust my expectation of the Traillii from being the ultimate best of the best iems in the world, to being: an extremely pleasantly tuned iems with nothing to fault in terms of tonality and technicality, that many people will find more enjoyable to listen to even against the higher S and S- ranked ones..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back