Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 15, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #1,456 of 7,997
I’m all EDM. When you get your Traillii play these and try keep the tears back 👀

These songs trigger insane emotional responses from me with the Traillii.

MitiS is new for me, that track is awesome. Lots of different sections, can see why it elicits an emotional response. Will for sure be checking more of his stuff!

Gareth Emery is one of my current favorites, love Saving Light, can't wait to hear it on the Traillii. Got to see him live in Dallas a couple years ago. He opened with Mezzanine and it was one of the greatest opening tracks I've seen live.

Listened to both of the tracks you linked on the Nio and Utopia. Both are great, but it's been a while since I've listened to the Utopia (just because it's not as convenient when I work); man, it's a super special set of cans.

Can not wait to get the Traillii!!

May 15, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #1,458 of 7,997
Intro electric guitar is smooth... opens into the drums and bass guitar which sound perfect. Her vocals are rendered dead center over the instruments, cymbals sound dead on, perfect note weight.

Aggressive passage opens up with sharp authoritative guitar near same FR as her gutturals but her voice is never lost.

3:20 into the calmer guitar solo sounds life like.

Yea, this sounds awesome. Everything sounds enormous and is layered well.
You said "her gutterals" and that didn't sound right to me when I was listening to the song on Spotify, so I went to YouTube. It looks so odd hearing that noise coming from that chick.

Admittedly this isn't anywhere near what I listen to, but that was a surprise for sure!

May 15, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #1,460 of 7,997
I'd love to believe that. I think I changed it when I got the OG Solaris, or maybe the Utopia...
Believe it...
7E694CEE-28FE-4D77-BFFB-C97FE97DCBC7.jpeg

You’re looking at approximately $15k in this picture. Nothing you see here tops Traillii. They are true end game.

May 16, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #1,461 of 7,997
As someone who has a few top end full sized headphones, I can say the bird very much rivals the very best of them.
The other full sized headphones are not getting a lot of airplay at the moment.

May 16, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,463 of 7,997
How do you think it compares to the Empyrean and Utopia? Tks.
Also curious about the Utopia comparison, though I'm just being impatient at this point, hah!

If it's on par with Utopia for detail, imaging, layering, and soundstage, but has a tad more bass (maybe just because it's sealed) then I'll be a happy camper.

May 16, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,465 of 7,997
God, when I am reading you I have started thinking if I will also put my Full Size Denons to the Classifieds soon...
Though besides the SQ aspect one advantage for me is just putting something on my head without fiddling and having the chance to relax the ear canals in the meantime...

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,466 of 7,997
God, when I am reading you I have started thinking if I will also put my Full Size Denons to the Classifieds soon...
Though besides the SQ aspect one advantage for me is just putting something on my head without fiddling and having the chance to relax the ear canals in the meantime...
Giving my ears a rest is exactly why I keep a pair of headphones. I much prefer the sound of IEMs, but get some fatigue with the bird (none with my other IEMs). Still waiting for a few more tips to arrive.

But the sound... geesh.

May 16, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #1,467 of 7,997
Giving my ears a rest is exactly why I keep a pair of headphones. I much prefer the sound of IEMs, but get some fatigue with the bird (none with my other IEMs). Still waiting for a few more tips to arrive.

But the sound... geesh.
Fatigue from sound or the fact that you have something plugged in your ears? Sound never seemed like it could fatigue me with Traillii. Just want to clarify.

May 16, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #1,468 of 7,997
Fatigue from sound or the fact that you have something plugged in your ears? Sound never seemed like it could fatigue me with Traillii. Just want to clarify.
The fit. My ears get sore after a bit, so I’m trying a whole bunch of tips. I have no issues with my Odin, Elysium, or Nanna, and can wear them for 6+ hours with no issues.

I have started to notice that the heavier cable isn’t helping my ears either, so may look into using something lighter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back