Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 11, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #766 of 8,000
Hmm interesting.... I may have to do some experimenting and try to get hold of 2 versions of the same cable to test it out.
What a coincidence, I just spotted this.
5201744C-E836-4F3C-8F08-2D9F016CC143.png

Apr 11, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #768 of 8,000
F1F48B3B-AB85-4E5F-8C75-F14F0D8A5851.jpeg

I feel I was hearing a headphone 😆
p6p > c9?

how do you find treble on l&p...I found it a bit smooth for my liking. But I loved the bass.

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #771 of 8,000
Demoed the lpgt and lpgt Ti with the bird over the last few days...stay tuned for a short write-up on my thoughts soon...

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #773 of 8,000
looking forward to this one.
I am just looking at which dap to buy.
My thoughts, may want to research into these.

Android...Hiby R8 (I own this one) or DX300
Non Android...LPGT Ti (if you can swing it). But Traillii sounds good on many gear, perhaps look at Cayin N3 Pro?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #774 of 8,000
well up to now my thought is this:
for my iPhone I will use: luxury-precision-w2, I pre-ordered it.
I will also own the blue dragonfly, I have 4.4mm to 3.5 adapters.

in terms of dap:
if it was just for the sound I think I would have to go with:
Luxury Precision P6 Pro or LPGT Ti
that is from what I read as I cannot test these guys, in my country we don't have them, and I cannot travel because of covid.
however,
I do want to also have a nice operating system, and not to be forced to use my iPhone for Bluetooth + lp p6 pro as I will need
to use 2 devices, for 2 devices I might as well buy a nice dap (cayin ii6 or the r8 ) + the c9.

so for now what I am looking for is a mixture of great sound + user experience that will top my: iphone+w2/dragonfly as I already bought these.

so the question is what standalone will give me better results than my iPhone setup. and if no standalone dap can make much of a difference
will it be wiser to buy LP P6 PRO/LPGT Ti Bluetooth with my iPhone, or ii6/r8 paired with a c8., which I feel in both cases will be kind of bulky to carry around.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #775 of 8,000

in terms of dap:
that is from what I read as I cannot test these guys, in my country we don't have them, and I cannot travel because of covid.
however,
I do want to also have a nice operating system, and not to be forced to use my iPhone for Bluetooth + lp p6 pro as I will need
to use 2 devices, for 2 devices I might as well buy a nice dap (cayin ii6 or the r8) + the c9.

so for now what I am looking for is a mixture of great sound + user experience that will top my: iphone+w2/dragonfly as I already bought these.

so the question is what standalone will give me better results than my iPhone setup. and if no standalone dap can make much of a difference
will it be wiser to buy LP P6 PRO/LPGT Ti Bluetooth with my iPhone, or ii6/r8 paired with a c8., which I feel in both cases will be kind of bulky to carry around.
I have the LP6TI, had the LP6 but sold before the Pro upgrade was available. Also have many other DAPS and DAC amps and so far I would rate the W2 very highly with a goid source and files - I was actually very surprised.

The LP6TI is great no doubt but it's not cheap nor as easy to use if compared to a good source and DAC amp ie. Xudoo XT10II and Diablo/Signature/H1 or something like a QLS 361 and a C9.

As an aside, I have also paired Trailli with original cable, Orpheus and found that Toxic Phoenix is the better match. It opens up the layers and is more balanced and impactful with the music I listen to.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #777 of 8,000
to use 2 devices, for 2 devices I might as well buy a nice dap (cayin ii6 or the r8 ) + the c9.

Ahalan!

I also have the R8 and can wholeheartedly recommend it, in particular in terms of having both great sound and a great user experience. It is very quick, slick UI, full Android and can thus use all apps from the Play Store, MSEB works marvelously well. And, it has great synergy with the Traillii. It's detailed and balanced, with a hint of warmth and musicality. I'd say probably sits in the middle ground between warmth (e.g., M8) and cool (SP2K).

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #778 of 8,000
Ahalan!

I also have the R8 and can wholeheartedly recommend it, in particular in terms of having both great sound and a great user experience. It is very quick, slick UI, full Android and can thus use all apps from the Play Store, MSEB works marvelously well. And, it has great synergy with the Traillii. It's detailed and balanced, with a hint of warmth and musicality. I'd say probably sits in the middle ground between warmth (e.g., M8) and cool (SP2K).
Ahalan :)

how are the R8 compares to sp2k and the sony wm1z? you had a chance to try?

Apr 13, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #779 of 8,000
Ahalan :)

how are the R8 compares to sp2k and the sony wm1z? you had a chance to try?
I also have no chance to try out here so rely on reviews, comparisons, and asking questions.

At the time I was looking at DAPS, the R8 came across as the most complete package and also to my sound preference of being musical without being too soft, warm or thick; and not being potentially aggressive / cold. The use of full Android was important as was modern speed and sufficient power and connectivity.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #780 of 8,000

in terms of dap:
however,

For the three I have listened with a lot.

Do you want to stream directly on the player?
If that is not needed and you want to save some money the Lotoo PAW6000 is better than dongle and phone. It pairs nicely I use it everyday find the software very easy and it automatically updates your library as you add tracks by simply connecting it and dragging over the newly added folder. Turn on and start listening is so fast 5-10 seconds. Drag down from top and search easily. Small light good design for pocket access, 14-15 hour battery life in high gain. Lots to like.

Lotoo is not as warm as the M8 and not as detailed as the M8 or L&P P6 Pro, but the difference is pretty small really.

If you want best sound than one of the other two M8 if Android matters and you want a warmer presentation. Larger heavier gets hotter.

LP P6Pro if you want less colored, software is not easy to use as it barely exists, best used with small library so you can scroll search which is the only option. Does not get as hot as M8, it is lighter, of my three it has the best sound reproduction. All though I like the warmth of the M8 particularly on IEMs and Headphones with Dynamic drivers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back