Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Mar 21, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #451 of 8,057
I sold my ZX507 before I bought a Traillii, so I can’t provide any direct comparisons unfortunately. However, what I will say is that the overall sound quality from ZX507 is pretty good, and somewhat similar in tone to WM1Z, but it doesn’t compete with 1Z in soundstage expansion, 3D layering, or just creating a general sense of naturalness/realism.

ZX507 sounds more “digital” for lack of a better term. It’s a shame, because I loved the convenience of streaming and the form factor of ZX507, but the degraded sound quality ultimately led me to selling it off. Battery life is also a massive downgrade compared to 1Z.

Apparently there is a new Sony flagship DAP in the works and will be released in the near future. A successor to 1A/1Z with streaming!!
I did not know that. Do you have any details on the lower level, screen, etc?

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #453 of 8,057
So.....what are you thoughts on it? Does it sound better in comparison (and to what) that you currently use? Also, I hear bad things about its interface. Is it difficult to use? Tks

It's a very very good sounding DAP, I do not want to say better because it's all down to preferences. But it is a very natural and analogue sounding DAP with great technicalities. It has amazing bass and mid range texture, I heard treble to have slightly less focus versus the other two. The Traillii honestly has sounded incredible from any source I have used so it's really a preference thing. The P6Pro Traillii combo is probably the most natural while still being engaging sound combination I have heard.

The SP2000 vs P6 Pro is brighter, and doesn't have as good as bass quality or slam. The signature comes off as more revealing and slightly thinner. The DX300 is warmer and more sparkly to my ears, but has a digital sound compared to the P6 Pro (although I have not tried the DX300 with NOS filter yet). I will say the P6 Pro is probably my favorite pair up so far.

As far as UI goes, it's easy to use and snappy but there are some quirks. For example, the DAP doesn't read track ID tags correctly so none of my tracks are sorted properly. There is also no search function so that can make finding tracks in large libraries a bit tedious. Other than that I haven't noticed anything too bad with the UI.

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #454 of 8,057
Honestly, doesn’t sound too bad, @aaf evo!

Mar 21, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #455 of 8,057
I sold my ZX507 before I bought a Traillii, so I can’t provide any direct comparisons unfortunately. However, what I will say is that the overall sound quality from ZX507 is pretty good, and somewhat similar in tone to WM1Z, but it doesn’t compete with 1Z in soundstage expansion, 3D layering, or just creating a general sense of naturalness/realism.

ZX507 sounds more “digital” for lack of a better term. It’s a shame, because I loved the convenience of streaming and the form factor of ZX507, but the degraded sound quality ultimately led me to selling it off. Battery life is also a massive downgrade compared to 1Z.

Apparently there is a new Sony flagship DAP in the works and will be released in the near future. A successor to 1A/1Z with streaming!!

Sony What I just bought the Zx507 and now I gotta sell it for ur new flagship!?! Ok fine take my money <3

Mar 21, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #456 of 8,057
Mar 22, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #458 of 8,057
Approaching the 4 month mark with the birdies, time flies, huh?

I still don’t think I can quite get over just how masterfully tuned these are, I’ve tried them with plenty of sources now also and find they really adjust to the DAPs characteristics/tuning, so the ability to fine tune them if you wish to is very good.

L&P P6 Pro - probably my favorite pair up so far, the combination is just natural in every aspect and highly musical/engaging.. zero fatigue whatsoever. The treble is a bit pulled back compared to the bass and mids but it still sounds wonderful.

IBasso DX300 - warm tonality but the whole FR is still well represented so there’s still great treble sparkle also, probably the best overall DAP on the market right now for features and cost.

AK SP2000 Cu - a little brighter than neutral and i hear more of a mid range emphasis here relative to the other two, pretty amazing combo regardless.

IBasso DX220 Max - I sold this but this was the most holographic/layered/separated of all the DAPs, i found it to be on the brighter side with the stock tips, i never got around to trying it with the CP155 which I use now as I got fed up of the size of the DAP and slower UI.

Basically, these sound incredible from anything, just a matter of preference. Even the iPhone lighting to 3.5mm dongle works wonders.

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #459 of 8,057
Listening at the moment as well...the stage these throw is just inconceivable...with detail and layering that borders on the impossible for an iem.

and the bass is just...anyone have a thesaurus I can borrow?

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #461 of 8,057
So Erlkönig is not still the king?
Has the bird the same amount of Bass on setting 3 of the Erkly?

I still love the Erlky even though I don’t own it anymore. But it’s probably the only other IEM I have heard IMO that deserves to be discussed within the same level as the Traillii.

Maybe @toaster @twister6 or @Damz87 can answer that for you, from memory the Traillii has more bass than #3 on Erlky.

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #462 of 8,057
I’d say it’s closer to setting #2 on Erlky

Mar 22, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #464 of 8,057
So Erlkönig is not still the king?
Has the bird the same amount of Bass on setting 3 of the Erkly?
I agree with @aaf evo that the erlky is the only iem I've heard that matches the traillii...it matches it in terms of engagement and musicality (which is what I now look for most when I am considering buying any transducer.)

strictly focusing on bass...the traillii is astonishing. it's the first and only ba iem I've heard that matches dd not just for impact, but ALSO for texture.

Erlky has incredible impact that is very visceral; this works very well for edm, but it's also refined enough for orchestral music so that you feel string plucks and other instrumental physicality.

With the traillii though, it goes further...

the bird actually reaches significantly deeper frequencies into the sub-bass regions vs the erlky, and its impact is quite visceral as well. overall, I'd say quantity is less than the erlky, but that's only because the erlky creates impact at higher bass levels, whereas the traillii reserves bass for only the deepest, darkest regions of sub-bass...fantastic. But where the traillii really blows minds is with its round and vibratory edges...it does not exhibit that "flat" wall of bass that nearly every BA exhibits, which even the erlky presents at times.

to answer your exact question, I'd confidently say that the traillii has more quantity of bass than erlky on 3.

but again, where the bird really wows in the bass response area is with its texture...if you let people who didn't know driver composition of the bird hear it, I would guess nearly everyone would say, "wow, not only is this clearly a dd, but it's a damn good one."

the more I listen to the traillii, the more it impresses me. I still love the erlky, but honestly, the traillii just keeps growing on me, and it's already on me like a boa about to feast...

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #465 of 8,057
the more I listen to the traillii, the more it impresses me. I still love the erlky, but honestly, the traillii just keeps growing on me, and it's already on me like a boa about to feast...
Absolutely agree!
My first impression out of the box was just ok, but after more than a week burning-in (or my brain-burned), it now becomes sub-bass monster, sweet mellow midrange, sound is expanded even more both ends. 3D sound stage, imagine,... are just superb. Really addicting sound from the little bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back