Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Aug 7, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #4,006 of 8,024
So all that talk about the Trailli has me wondering, people I trust joining the Bird ranks and all... yet, this is a huge budget... I made an enquiry but apparently no custom available which I am highly partial towards for all the flagships I own. I really don't get why... Mellianus had an option for custom didn't it? I don't get why Oriolus wouldn't make it possible... especially at the asking price. All the IEM I have tested universal and custom version are always a tad better as customs not to mention comfort and isolation.

Edit : Could this be the sheer size of last gen 4EST setup? Vision Ears just told me EXT won't be available as a custom for that reason...

Good point. Quad EST w/small voltage transformer has to be optimized in positioning which going to be messed up as you start customizing the shape of the shell.

Aug 7, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #4,007 of 8,024
Good point. Quad EST w/small voltage transformer has to be optimized in positioning which going to be messed up as you start customizing the shape of the shell.
I was thinking along those lines also. And the failure rate I read earlier was reasonably high - so you wouldn't necessarily want to be printing off custom(s) if your production reliability was not high enough. Still, with the advent of 3D printing and photopolymer having the potential to be custom printed, I don't see why they can't do a custom if they really want to. They have in the past.

Aug 7, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #4,008 of 8,024
I don't think that is the case. Traillii is a pretty small IEM. I think they just have way too many orders in their hands. 20210807_094659.jpg
Wasn't the Traillii initially available as a custom, or am I thinking 'custom faceplate' was the only option? In any case, if it's true that they only intended to make 20 per month, could explain why custom wasn't an option - just not enough resources. That said, if they offer custom for other models, it is a bit strange...maybe the Old Man is keeping the custom option as the 'next big thing'...? After all the only 'upgrade' I can think of for most Bird owners would be a custom Bird.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #4,009 of 8,024
Wasn't the Traillii initially available as a custom, or am I thinking 'custom faceplate' was the only option? In any case, if it's true that they only intended to make 20 per month, could explain why custom wasn't an option - just not enough resources. That said, if they offer custom for other models, it is a bit strange...maybe the Old Man is keeping the custom option as the 'next big thing'...? After all the only 'upgrade' I can think of for most Bird owners would be a custom Bird.
They can't offer custom since their EST tube is extremely wide. Some people have ear canals which won't fit that. You would lose a lot of texture else

Edit: also what @twister6 said, in addition to that, EST drivers need to be extremely close to the opening. Just no space in CIEMs. I believe there are no other EST CIEMs either.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #4,010 of 8,024
I thought the same thing. Didn't someone posted some photos of a custom traillii in China?

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #4,012 of 8,024
Oh wow they really did. I don't wanna be negative, but this is impossible without killing EST response. They might have noticed quality issues with the CIEMs. Very interested in a picture!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #4,015 of 8,024
Btw guys for something like the Traillii, would you love to have the opportunity to try it free of charge for a week before buying? (Just depositing the money as security)

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #4,017 of 8,024
Mine is less than one month. Don't know how they pull it off :upside_down:
Whaaaattttt
Btw guys for something like the Traillii, would you love to have the opportunity to try it free of charge for a week before buying? (Just depositing the money as security)
I mean musicteck basically offers this. I placed a deposit and demo’d it before I bought mine.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #4,018 of 8,024
I demoed as well.

Returned the demo unit with one hand and took my own set with the other…no downtime.

The thought of being one moment without it after hearing it was difficult to imagine.

People like @aaf evo or @tawmizzzz, who decided to get custom faceplates and agreed to wait months for delivery are far braver than I.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #4,019 of 8,024
Mine is less than one month. Don't know how they pull it off :upside_down:
You are in HK. That saves literally weeks in shipping time at least.

Aug 7, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #4,020 of 8,024
Considering it takes them 2.5 months just to make a custom faceplate I’d hate to see the wait for a legit CIEM 😂
Just ordered mine. Not too bad... :sweat_smile:

BirdUPS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back