Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 23, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #3,856 of 8,096
The N6ii(A02) > C9 > Odin is an amazing combo too. That C9 magic just works so well with the Odin.
Everyone says this pairing is great. I am waiting for their next product introduction that fully optimizes the DAP pairing with the C9.

Jul 23, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #3,857 of 8,096
Speaking of cables... Huge thanks to @aaf evo !!!

It's no joke, Traillii + Orpheus is a non-subtle step up, at least for my listening, that takes the Traillii to another level. The main thing I hear is sharper rise time resulting in much better clarity throughout the frequency range while maintaining excellent note weight and body. Vocals pop from the darkness. My favorite acoustic guitar tracks sound most realistic, never thin/twangy. Pop/Rock gets a little lift with the edge and bite. Think, adding a pinch of Odin mid/treble bite to it. It's not an obvious add silver/spc type of change. Very tastefully tuned! I can't go back to stock 60's... I am going crazy... I don't want to believe this ... 🤪

@aaf evo is such a gentleman...and an ass for letting us taste the sweet, sweet sound of orpheus.

any hopes I had of somehow steering clear of it were dashed nearly immediately after hitting play.
Neither do I.
believe it. 👿

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #3,858 of 8,096
@aaf evo is such a gentleman...and an ass for letting us taste the sweet, sweet sound of orpheus.

any hopes I had of somehow steering clear of it were dashed nearly immediately after hitting play.

believe it. 👿

Oh man. That was wallet suicide demo'ing the Orpheus. Good luck making the sums work!

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #3,859 of 8,096
Just wanna leave some impression after spending some time with the bird. TLDR, I'm extremely satisfied.
The things i like: soundstage, bass pretty good for BA (personally i can live with it), dynamic/contrast, pleasant presentation.
I think the tuning is "standard" but what makes it outstanding is the technicality to present overall SQ.
I feel someone should audition Traillii with complex songs to demonstrate its real ability.
Here is my test track & happy weekend guys :L3000:

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #3,860 of 8,096
Speaking of cables... Huge thanks to @aaf evo !!!

It's no joke, Traillii + Orpheus is a non-subtle step up, at least for my listening, that takes the Traillii to another level. The main thing I hear is sharper rise time resulting in much better clarity throughout the frequency range while maintaining excellent note weight and body. Vocals pop from the darkness. My favorite acoustic guitar tracks sound most realistic, never thin/twangy. Pop/Rock gets a little lift with the edge and bite. Think, adding a pinch of Odin mid/treble bite to it. It's not an obvious add silver/spc type of change. Very tastefully tuned! I can't go back to stock 60's... I am going crazy... I don't want to believe this ... 🤪

img3525.jpg
Great summary. I can believe it. There'll always be something just a little bit better here and there. That's why it's called a rabbit hole. But in the cold light of day, is it $4000 better? Heck even the stock cable is pushing to extremes, nevermind the Bird itself. So yes, I can believe it's better (at least for your taste), as it should be for being the best of the best in terms of cables, but it's really academic for all but the 0.001%. It's fun to live vicariously through you guys - like the astronauts sending back film footage from space (though it's soon going to be cheaper to go to space than to buy an Orphybird).

Jul 24, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #3,862 of 8,096
Jul 24, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #3,863 of 8,096
You must be getting tired of waiting...stop fooling around and just try orphy.

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #3,864 of 8,096
You must be getting tired of waiting...stop fooling around and just try orphy.
You're killing me Smalls. You know I have no self control.

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #3,865 of 8,096
the main negatives I heard from people were "thin" and "shouty," and I'm just not hearing that at all.

the upper mids do have a bit of an unnecessary bump in volume, but I don't really hear anything that sounds shouty to me.

bass is among the best I've heard, and the rest of the sig is very clean and well-defined. I didn't have a chance to listen with the stock cable since I don't have anything with a 2.5 jack (or an adapter,) but with orphy and the j1950, I thought it sounded great. orphy was amazing and added a tremendous amount of holography (which seems to be that cable's speciality,) but the 1950 was also quite good.

definitely glad I finally got a chance to spend some time with the odin.
You listened to the wrong people on this one. ODIN is not thin and shouty. I do believe keeping the volume to a non-earsplitting level helps keep any "shoutiness" down.

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #3,866 of 8,096
You listened to the wrong people on this one. ODIN is not thin and shouty. I do believe keeping the volume to a non-earsplitting level helps keep any "shoutiness" down.
@toaster just said that he didn't hear it as thin and shouty. So, he agrees with both you and me. But that doesn't mean others don't hear it that way.

There is definitely glare with some sources. That's what I hear with DX300 Amp11.1.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #3,867 of 8,096
Great summary. I can believe it. There'll always be something just a little bit better here and there. That's why it's called a rabbit hole. But in the cold light of day, is it $4000 better? Heck even the stock cable is pushing to extremes, nevermind the Bird itself. So yes, I can believe it's better (at least for your taste), as it should be for being the best of the best in terms of cables, but it's really academic for all but the 0.001%. It's fun to live vicariously through you guys - like the astronauts sending back film footage from space (though it's soon going to be cheaper to go to space than to buy an Orphybird).

Hehe, right. If I can get 1000 hours of musical joy for $4/hr, that's pretty good in my book :wink: Bottom line, I like what I'm hearing and I am sick... 🤪

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #3,869 of 8,096
@toaster just said that he didn't hear it as thin and shouty. So, he agrees with both you and me. But that doesn't mean others don't hear it that way.

There is definitely glare with some sources. That's what I hear with DX300 Amp11.1.
Okay thanks...I know what he said and I know what I said, geesh. You and I aren't the only two that don't hear it thin and shouty. I merely said he listened to the wrong crowd on this one, being the thin and shouty crowd.

Also, I threw my two cents to say, anything resembling shouty, IMO, can be alleviated by moderate listening volume.

Not sure why you even read anything I write. You only wait to respond with some gotcha moment or to counter punch me. Seems like such a waste of energy.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #3,870 of 8,096
Okay thanks...I know what he said and I know what I said, geesh. You and I aren't the only two that don't hear it thin and shouty. I merely said he listened to the wrong crowd on this one, being the thin and shouty crowd.

Also, I threw my two cents to say, anything resembling shouty, IMO, can be alleviated by moderate listening volume.

Not sure why you even read anything I write. You only wait to respond with some gotcha moment or to counter punch me. Seems like such a waste of energy.
Odd post. You made a claim. I made a counter claim. That's me giving my $.02. We are both entitled to do that, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back