Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 18, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #1,547 of 8,024
I’ll be the next to sing the bird’s praises. It flew in yesterday and I’ve been breaking them in since (in between helping with my 9 month old). I agree they have the most pleasing and accurate treble I’ve heard, and to me treble is the most difficult frequency range to tune well. Looking forward to delving into my collection with these. Enjoy all you lovebirds!

May 18, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #1,548 of 8,024
I’ll be the next to sing the bird’s praises. It flew in yesterday and I’ve been breaking them in since (in between helping with my 9 month old). I agree they have the most pleasing and accurate treble I’ve heard, and to me treble is the most difficult frequency range to tune well. Looking forward to delving into my collection with these. Enjoy all you lovebirds!
+1
Tweet Tweet’er’er

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #1,549 of 8,024
Mine flew in about two hours ago. Very initial impressions are that they are certainly very very impressive sound-wise. I was prepared for no-frills packaging (and generally do not care much about iem packaging), but wow, yeah, its really bare bones--if the one included set of tips didn't fit, I could see being a little miffed. The case is nice though and I like the leather top. I hope the cable softens up a little bit--at the moment it is much less comfortable than the 2 wire 1960s/stormbreaker cable on my Odins.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #1,550 of 8,024
Mine flew in about two hours ago. Very initial impressions are that they are certainly very very impressive sound-wise. I was prepared for no-frills packaging (and generally do not care much about iem packaging), but wow, yeah, its really bare bones--if the one included set of tips didn't fit, I could see being a little miffed. The case is nice though and I like the leather top. I hope the cable softens up a little bit--at the moment it is much less comfortable than the 2 wire 1960s/stormbreaker cable on my Odins.
You didn't get a small plastic bag with tips?

I was actually pleasantly surprised how flexible the cable is compared to the stormbreaker I owned briefly ... 🤷‍♂️ :)

May 18, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #1,551 of 8,024
In what way do you find the cable much less comfortable than the other 60?

microphonics? heavy?

May 18, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #1,553 of 8,024
Mmm it appears the spoiler is not clickable on iOS devices /Safari... 😬

EDIT: changed it to a regular spoiler... :)
Hahah yeah I just a saw a blurry block below the text with no way to access it on my smartphone and had a feeling maybe it was a joke, but then was prepared to send you a couple of people who would have bought it off you.

Glad you're enjoying it and looking forward to how your impressions form against your other gear over the next few weeks!

May 18, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #1,554 of 8,024
Hahah yeah I just a saw a blurry block below the text with no way to access it on my smartphone and had a feeling maybe it was a joke, but then was prepared to send you a couple of people who would have bought it off you. roughed you up.
This is what I expected for an ending as I read the sentence... :)
Glad you're enjoying it and looking forward to how your impressions form against your other gear over the next few weeks!
Me too, man!

1621353415334.gif

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #1,555 of 8,024
This is what I expected for an ending as I read the sentence... :)

Me too, man!

1621353415334.gif
I mean we're definitely a cult, but I don't think we use violence. Maybe just a hint of psychological guilt and terror.

May 18, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #1,556 of 8,024
Playing Tidal Masters on M8 with the bird is so meaty and spacious, I am getting goose bumps non-stop, sold my MEST MKII today which I loved before but cannot justify keeping these, more to be sold...

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,557 of 8,024

Heh. Can’t say I’m surprised to have seen you make your way here :wink: enjoy.

May 18, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #1,558 of 8,024
In what way do you find the cable much less comfortable than the other 60?

microphonics? heavy?
My particular cable is a quite a bit stiffer than the stormbreaker cable on my Odins. The combination of the thickness/twist of the 2 strands of paracord going around my ears on the trailli cable, along with its added weight vs the single strand of paracord and lighter weight on the stormbreaker makes the trailli cable dig in around the top and back of my ears where it drapes. I suspect that the cable will soften up as I use it--the stormbreaker did, so this could very easily turn into a non-issue. The cable out of the box is definitely more microphonic than my stormbreaker cable, but it this only super noticeable for me when I move the chin slider.

It sounds pretty fantastic though :ksc75smile:

You didn't get a small plastic bag with tips?

I was actually pleasantly surprised how flexible the cable is compared to the stormbreaker I owned briefly ... 🤷‍♂️ :)
I didn't open the case all the way when I first got them (just undid the snaps, didnt see the velcro), so didn't see the little bag behind the divider in the rear of the case. I take it back--there is a normal amount of tips that came with it

May 18, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #1,559 of 8,024
I didn't believe it but the large-sized stock tips sit most secure in my ear canals, so far not hurting though I feel the pressure a bit.
I used to wear size "M" usually in the past - can it be that I enlarged my ear canals through extensive IEM usage in the last 6 months? :thinking:

I feel like I can only get the full frequency range with large bore tips as I assume these won't hide the 3-way IEM holes but let the sonic directly enter my ear canals.
This is accomplished by
- the stock silicone tips (most balanced from my feeling with nice textured bass and mids and clear, not striking highs) ,
- Spiral Dots (more bass, less mids)
- Spiral Dots ++ (mid focused with more emphasized upper mids)

May 18, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,560 of 8,024
I didn't believe it but the large-sized stock tips sit most secure in my ear canals, so far not hurting though I feel the pressure a bit.
I used to wear size "M" usually in the past - can it be that I enlarged my ear canals through extensive IEM usage in the last 6 months? :thinking:

I feel like I can only get the full frequency range with large bore tips as I assume these won't hide the 3-way IEM holes but let the sonic directly enter my ear canals.
This is accomplished by
- the stock silicone tips (most balanced from my feeling with nice textured bass and mids and clear, not striking highs) ,
- Spiral Dots (more bass, less mids)
- Spiral Dots ++ (mid focused with more emphasized upper mids)
The same thing happened to me I went from Med to Large after six months. I am using the large Sedna Shorts, wide bore nothing blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back