Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 17, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #1,501 of 8,024
They’re an adaptable bird. I set the Euro dance / trance / club genre radios on Roon and was pleasant surprised how much fun it was. Head banging indeed.

May 17, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,502 of 8,024
They’re an adaptable bird. I set the Euro dance / trance / club genre radios on Roon and was pleasant surprised how much fun it was. Head banging indeed.
Listening to Eliane Elias version of Take Five, sultry, that bass from the bird, her voice firmly in the mids curling up to look at the high cliffs, and than the horn softly playing through an echoe, with a Latin percussion steady throughout.
P6P and Traillii this is what dreams are made of.

May 17, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #1,505 of 8,024
Listening to Eliane Elias version of Take Five, sultry, that bass from the bird, her voice firmly in the mids curling up to look at the high cliffs, and than the horn softly playing through an echoe, with a Latin percussion steady throughout.
P6P and Traillii this is what dreams are made of.

It’s funny. The P6 Pro to me has a sound/tuning that I didn’t even rate that highly. The treble is overly smooth and the upper treble is very rolled off, I also heard the soundstage to be more intimate than most daps I have heard although it still maintained great spacing and layering. But man, if that wasn’t one of the most addicting sounds I have heard then idk what is. It was one of those situations where I was like “okay, this isn’t really for me” but I couldn’t stop listening either.

May 17, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #1,507 of 8,024
It’s funny. The P6 Pro to me has a sound/tuning that I didn’t even rate that highly. The treble is overly smooth and the upper treble is very rolled off, I also heard the soundstage to be more intimate than most daps I have heard although it still maintained great spacing and layering. But man, if that wasn’t one of the most addicting sounds I have heard then idk what is. It was one of those situations where I was like “okay, this isn’t really for me” but I couldn’t stop listening either.
Funny you say that yep based on soul not head.

The P6P just ran out of power so plugged in the PAW to the C9 and put on the Thummim holy crap give the P6P Traillii some chase to own this soul, technically I am sure this is too much of a good bass thing, that said just so soulful. Listening to Transatlantic new album. Not your kind of music as it is Prog, it sounds awesome with this kit.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #1,508 of 8,024
P6P is a magical device, the R2R magic. Completely agree with @aaf evo here. You can point out various aspects that the sound seems to depart from your taste, but its organic, smooth, and a bit sweet R2R signature just makes you have to keep listening.

May 17, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #1,509 of 8,024
The only genre I can think of that the Bird may 'struggle' with is some dancey electronic music, yet from what I read, unlikely there too...

May 17, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,511 of 8,024
As someone who pretty much listens to EDM about 98% of the time, it is the best IEM I have heard for the genre.
Gah!!! Thankfully the earliest opportunity I'll get to hear the Bird is probably CanJam (if it happens in london) - I'll continue to enjoy ignorance (and my current TOTLs) till then!

May 17, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #1,512 of 8,024
Lol.

gotta do better than that if you want to stump the bird, @snapandslide.

😏

May 17, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #1,513 of 8,024
I still don't understand what the heck Oriolus have done technically to somehow get so far ahead of everyone else. Anyone can point me to anything?

May 17, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #1,515 of 8,024
Don’t know tbh. I’m also fully convinced that the bore on the Traillii is responsible for how separated and layered the sound is.
The estat treble horn is pretty large, and the placement and tube sizes for mids and bass look very carefully planned. Several driver sets have been rotated so the part numbers are facing each other, unless someone sacrificed one of their birds you cannot ascertain all the actual drivers used.

I remember reading earlier about how Oriolus went for a tuning that would appeal to all genres and all listeners, which makes her not necessarily the best at one thing, instead the cohesiveness and the space leaves very little to not get on with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back