Oriolus Szalayi IEM discussion thread
Jan 10, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #691 of 736
I tried a few cables but I think the OEM cable sounded best to me. You can't go wrong with the OEM as a start.

Tip-wise, the Clarion TRI tips are BY FAR the best for me. If you read through this thread, you'll find that many others feel the same way. They run small, so you might want to go up a size. Even the large size isn't very large.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #692 of 736
I tried a few cables but I think the OEM cable sounded best to me. You can't go wrong with the OEM as a start.

Tip-wise, the Clarion TRI tips are BY FAR the best for me. If you read through this thread, you'll find that many others feel the same way. They run small, so you might want to go up a size. Even the large size isn't very large.
This is my first 4.4 iem/source (I ordered an RU7 to pair with it) so yeah it’s gonna be OEM on the cable for awhile haha.

Hmm the TRI didn’t work for me but I had a lot of different sets back then. I’ll add them to my wishlist.

I am going to tip roll I have so many lol.

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #693 of 736
This is my first 4.4 iem/source (I ordered an RU7 to pair with it) so yeah it’s gonna be OEM on the cable for awhile haha.

Hmm the TRI didn’t work for me but I had a lot of different sets back then. I’ll add them to my wishlist.

I didn't like the TRI tips on any other IEM either. It's just a weird chance that it's so perfect for the Szalayi.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #694 of 736

Try different ones, each of us has adaptability and hears the sound differently..
Clarions don't work for me, the ones I found best are the Symbio ones in soft silicone and the cheap ones supplied with the TWS Denon Pearl Pro...

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #695 of 736

i tried them also with TRI Tips they work fine on the Moondrop Kato for me but not on Oriolus Szalayi. I tried Xlastics, Spinfit, Tangzu Tips and ended up with KBear 07 Tips size Mm. Works great!

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #696 of 736
Jan 13, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #697 of 736
So i received my Sza yesterday but the shell looks quite different from everyone else’s. Wondering if anyone has info on this. The shell is translucent, a different shade of blue that matches more to the faceplate. there is also the bird logo on the left monitor. IMG_6388.jpegIMG_6392.jpegIMG_6390.jpeg

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #698 of 736
So i received my Sza yesterday but the shell looks quite different from everyone else’s. Wondering if anyone has info on this. The shell is translucent, a different shade of blue that matches more to the faceplate. there is also the bird logo on the left monitor. IMG_6388.jpegIMG_6392.jpegIMG_6390.jpeg
Hopefully someone has some more info on it. But the set looks awesome!
How does it sound for you?

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #699 of 736
Hopefully someone has some more info on it. But the set looks awesome!
How does it sound for you?
Pretty much love at first lesson. At first I was a little confused, wondering why I upgraded but once I paid attention to the bass… oh man the bass. It’s so good.

woke up this am eager to explore my entire library with them.

Jan 13, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #700 of 736
Pretty much love at first lesson. At first I was a little confused, wondering why I upgraded but once I paid attention to the bass… oh man the bass. It’s so good.

woke up this am eager to explore my entire library with them.
Pretty much word for word my first impression as well!
Wait until you get some amplified power on them as well. Something affordable like the Aune B1s will make them open up even more. Or an affordable tube option like the Little Bear B4-X.

Jan 13, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #701 of 736
Where did you order that?
Looks definitely better than the original - especially the translucent shell ( that bubble gum blue was never for me)!

Jan 13, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #702 of 736
Where did you order that?
Looks definitely better than the original - especially the translucent shell ( that bubble gum blue was never for me)!
Musicteck

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #703 of 736
i would purchase this OEM cable for the rest of my collection, Oriolus pls sell it

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #704 of 736
So i received my Sza yesterday but the shell looks quite different from everyone else’s. Wondering if anyone has info on this. The shell is translucent, a different shade of blue that matches more to the faceplate. there is also the bird logo on the left monitor.
I received my new SZA a week ago and the shell looks like yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back