Oriolus Szalayi IEM discussion thread
Jan 18, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #466 of 749
TRI Clarion, for me best tips for Szalayi. More air, better soundstage and same the best basssssss :)
IMG_20230118_195414.jpg

Just received the Clarion set today. Wow! You were right. They keep everything that sounds amazing about the Szalayi intact. Other tips dampen that beautiful bass. But these don't! And that little Tri symbol they have is a nice touch lol

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #468 of 749
Jan 27, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #469 of 749
SZA is finally here.....breaking in for the moment......tommorow reaches 100 hours of continuous burn in....i ll be posting my impressions as soon as possible after that...
also have ordered and waiting TRI Clarion tips as well......cheers

Jan 27, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #470 of 749
IMG_20230127_194018.jpg

W o W.......
W o W.......
W o W.......
(nearly 100 hours burn in completed)
Totally / utterly IMPRESSED with this set
What a gigantic stage..... (bigger / more holographic than the MEXT provides)
The layering is simply unbelievable!!!!
Pnenomenal analogue sounding!!!
Ultimate Natural timbre (most natural I ve ever experienced in monitors!)
Magical spacious midrange, lush / liquid / flawless vocals!)
Seriously impressed here......
More coming tommorow...
For now simply worths every single dollar and even more....!!!!
It's a phenomenal experience... The true analogy in monitors of flloor speakers sound experience...!!!
(again.... Layering /depth of the scene is simply phenomenal !!)
(Thank God I ve got really BIG EARS 😁)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #471 of 749
IMG_20230127_194018.jpg

W o W.......
W o W.......
W o W.......
More coming tommorow...
It's a phenomenal experience... The true analogy in monitors of flloor speakers sound experience...!!!
I've mentioned the same thing to others before! The way these reproduce bass and other sounds, somehow trick my head/body like if it's getting the same impact from my truck stereo system. The SZ is just so unique.

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #472 of 749
I've mentioned the same thing to others before! The way these reproduce bass and other sounds, somehow trick my head/body like if it's getting the same impact from my truck stereo system. The SZ is just so unique.
ISN AUDIO is a true master as far as bass reproduction goes but this reproduction here is really phenomenal as well. It's not about the impact, it's more about the vastness of the sound as a unity and their remarkable ability to maintain the midrange both clear and transparent.
I had been this much impressed 3 years ago when I had the first audition of ISN H40 monitors but I have to accept this is a totally different level of sound management and sound layering which impressed me the most on these SZAs.
Simply outstanding

Jan 27, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #473 of 749

W o W.......
W o W.......
W o W.......
More coming tommorow...
The ZSA improve even past 200 hrs burn in!! End game iem!!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #474 of 749
The ZSA improve even past 20 hrs burn in!! End game iem!!
I have exceeded 110 hours of burn in process right now, do you think it's OK for this set? I mean.. is it enough alright?

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #476 of 749
OH......... .
MY..........
GOD........
(2nd day of 1 hour continuously listening section)
IMG_20230128_180207.jpg

IMG_20230128_180131.jpg

Who really needs a HI Fi home set up when owns this miracle???? (not me anyways...)
Damn it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I have to listen all way from the begging 3.105 tracks loaded in my portable devices.... All over again.... All of them.....
Used to own MEST MKII (now having only MEXT) but this reproduction of such an unleashed sonic experience is completely out of any competition!!!!!
Just throws anything (in my knowledge) miles away....
SPECTACULAR is an understatement at least here!!!!!!!!!
ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY, COMPLETELY
the best thing ever inserted to my humble ear canals..
In fact I think I had an 1 hour orgasm there... 😍
This vastness, this tremendous stage, this unbelievable sound layering simply destroyed anything I had ever heard!!!!!!!
The naturalness, analogue reinterpretation of the recordings is truly admirable!
What else can I say? I am ASTONISHED, DAZED BUT NOT CONFUSED AT ALL.....
if this is not an END GAME monitor then which one is??
IMG_20230128_180119.jpg

For anyone out there owning just portable daps/dacs I can reassure you it works wonders as well.... As long as you are determined to turn up the volume to the highest levels... it will absolutely blow your mind guys..
Out of Hiby R5 (class A amp mode) and ibasso DX170 this is a heavenly experience all the way.....
Obviously am in love here... 😘😘
It will simply be impossible to find anything better than this at this price range, do not even bother......
Sub bass is simply EXPLOSIVE
Midrange / Brilliance magically blend into another everything flows flawlessly here takes you in without the smallest hint of escape.....
If I had to keep only one monitor out of my small collection it would definitely be this one, no doubt about it !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #477 of 749
OH......... .
MY..........
GOD........
IMG_20230128_180207.jpg
IMG_20230128_180131.jpg

Who really needs a HI Fi home set up when owns this miracle???? (not me anyways...)
Now I have to listen all way from the begging 3.105 tracks loaded in my portable devices.... All over again.... All of them.....
Used to own MEST MKII (now having only MEXT) but this reproduction of such an unleashed sonic experience is completely out of any competition!!!!!
This vastness, this tremendous stage, this unbelievable sound layering simply destroyed anything I had ever heard!!!!!!!
The naturalness, analogue reinterpretation of the recordings is truly admirable!
IMG_20230128_180119.jpg
For anyone out there owning just portable daps/dacs I can reassure you it works wonders as well.... As long as you are determined to turn up the volume to the highest levels... it will absolutely blow your mind guys..
Out of Hiby R5 (class A amp mode) and ibasso DX170 this is a heavenly experience all the way.....
It will simply be impossible to find anything better than this at this price range, do not even bother......
Midrange / Brilliance magically blend into another everything flows flawlessly here takes you in without the smallest hint of escape.....
If I had to keep only one monitor out of my small collection it would definitely be this one, no doubt about it !!!!!!!!!
You got it! I haven't listened to almost anything else in my collection of iems and headphones since SZA arrived!!

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #479 of 749
OH......... .
MY..........
GOD........
IMG_20230128_180207.jpg
IMG_20230128_180131.jpg

IMG_20230128_180119.jpg
Couldn't have said it any better!!! I have a large collection, but if i had to keep only the essentials, it would be the SZ, the Starlight, and the Serratus because they compliment each other. They all do something unique on their own.

Just wish I didn't have a stuffy cold right now because it's making me hear them not so detailed 😭

Jan 28, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #480 of 749
@alexandros a thank you for the (very) positive feedback.
Owning MEST mk2 and ie900 for the moment , they are quite similar in the FR . They are both very good but also they do nothing spectacular to justify their respective full retail price in my opinion.

How would you compare these oriolus with Mest mk2?
Allow me saying only this :
There is ABSOLUTELY no compassion as far as BASS goes (from memory / had MKII since November 22)
Here's the real Deal. SZA is a tremendous/astounding full of qualities bass representation only comparable to floor speakers home set up.....
The impact / vastness of the bass / stage is beyond any comparison.
I can also feel the midrange more liquid here or moisterus (if I am allowed to use this term)
Most of all the note weight here on SZA is unmistakably correct according to the original recordings and it is always IMHO the most natural / real to life tonality / timbre I have personally have heard from any monitor regardless of it's price range man....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back