Oriolus Szalayi IEM discussion thread
Nov 18, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #421 of 749
Hi All,

happy to joined the Szalayi's family. I have one question regarding built quality. In my left earphone when I touch/press it I can loudly hear a click like a shell is not properly built or something. Does any of you have a similar issue ?
That's DD-Flex nothing to worry about just annoying. I get it on my EE Legend & Evo have not had it with SZA try different tips that can help the problem. I'm using ePro-horn on Evo, some other tips click when I move my jaw too much. :tired_face::upside_down:

Nov 27, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #423 of 749
Waited to see if Musictek would put the Szalayi on sale for BF and it paid off, just ordered them at a good discount. I've been enjoying the heck out of my Tri i3 Pros, however, I can't resist seeing what a purportedly higher quality version of the same concept is like.

I've done that before and been disappointed. I think Szalayi are close to optimum sound at their price point before diminishing returns becomes a big factor.

Nov 29, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #424 of 749
I fell in love with the cable clamp on the SZA, so I found them on Amazon if anyone is interested...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z4LV116?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

20221129_191057.jpg

Dec 3, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #426 of 749
Dec 6, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #428 of 749
anyone possible to test the Szalayi with the following trance tracks and share impressions? Specifically I’m wondering if the layers become 3D.
Cosmosis-Howling at the moon
MFG-Why
The SZA will give you a 3D soundstage, but what are you using to drive it?

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #429 of 749
The SZA will give you a 3D soundstage, but what are you using to drive it?
Well, I will get DAP / cables / tips as well. For DAP, looking into one of the newer ones: SP3000, RS8, M9. Any suggestions welcome.
But before I burn in money, would be really happy to hear if someone tried out those tracks and let know

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #430 of 749
Well, I will get DAP / cables / tips as well. For DAP, looking into one of the newer ones: SP3000, RS8, M9. Any suggestions welcome.
But before I burn in money, would be really happy to hear if someone tried out those tracks and let know
you'll be fine.

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #433 of 749
Dec 12, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #434 of 749
Waited to see if Musictek would put the Szalayi on sale for BF and it paid off, just ordered them at a good discount. I've been enjoying the heck out of my Tri i3 Pros, however, I can't resist seeing what a purportedly higher quality version of the same concept is like.
Hey did you get them? If yes how is your experience?

Dec 21, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #435 of 749
Potentially! Szalayi still burning in and Moonlight well seasoned...so.....The SZA sound more natural and integrated with bigger soundstage, and bigger dynamics.
The Moonlight are still lovely and enchanting though and wonderful to listen to. Different kind of sound...the Oriolus do remind me of my Reborn Mk2 but with better tuning and refinement., esp in mids. All in all i think the Moonlight are a steal, and the SZA are a deal.....punch in way above cost for TOTL experience....and upscale performance with better gear also.......and beautiful Blue!
Using iBasso DX160,Shanling M3X & Hiby R5II gen as daps goes.... will this monitor reveal its true possibilities ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back