Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
Sep 19, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #542 of 587
Sep 19, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #544 of 587
Have you considered buying a good DAP? If you consider the members who value sound quality, they use a Shanling M8.

Sep 21, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #546 of 587
Thanks to @Wildcatsare1 very happy to have Isa join my Oriolus collection!
This set sounds soooo good. The bird will be taking a break :sweat_smile:

img3739.jpg

Sep 21, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #547 of 587

img3739.jpg
Hello, I am also very impressed with the Isas. I'm already thinking about buying the Oriolus Reborn. Can you tell me what about the Isas, please? Differences? If someone has the Parcivali, I would be grateful for impressions. Example compared to the Mest MK II. I use the iBasso DX 300 with Amp 12. Thank you in advance.

Sep 21, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #548 of 587
Hello, I am also very impressed with the Isas. I'm already thinking about buying the Oriolus Reborn. Can you tell me what about the Isas, please? Differences? If someone has the Parcivali, I would be grateful for impressions. Example compared to the Mest MK II. I use the iBasso DX 300 with Amp 12. Thank you in advance.
I have Mk2 but it should be pretty close to Reborn. My initial impression is that
  • Sub-bass stronger on Mk2 than Isa
  • Female vocals pop out more on Mk2
  • More upper treble splashiness (cymbals, hi-hats) on Isa. Mk2 treble is smoother.
I only have experience with MEST OG. MEST had more sub-bass focus, less mid-bass and mids. Drier sound compared to Isa's wet analog sound. Traillii is along this line but resolution taken up several notches :laughing: I believe Parcivali would be in this direction as well based on my short demo session with it, just a step or two behind Traillii.

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #549 of 587
I’d be happy to compare to percivali if someone wants to lend me a mest ii :)

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #550 of 587
I have Mk2 but it should be pretty close to Reborn. My initial impression is that
  • Sub-bass stronger on Mk2 than Isa
  • Female vocals pop out more on Mk2
  • More upper treble splashiness (cymbals, hi-hats) on Isa. Mk2 treble is smoother.
I only have experience with MEST OG. MEST had more sub-bass focus, less mid-bass and mids. Drier sound compared to Isa's wet analog sound. Traillii is along this line but resolution taken up several notches :laughing: I believe Parcivali would be in this direction as well based on my short demo session with it, just a step or two behind Traillii.
Many thanks for the answer. The way I read it, I would be with the Oriolus MKII in the golden mean of Isa and Mest MKII. And with Percivali on the same level as Mest MKII or even higher ???

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #551 of 587
Many thanks for the answer. The way I read it, I would be with the Oriolus MKII in the golden mean of Isa and Mest MKII. And with Percivali on the same level as Mest MKII or even higher ???
I would say MEST and Percivali have very different presentations. I would place Percivali at a higher price+performance bracket.

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #553 of 587

Nice :) The three legendary birds (Pokemon). Would you say the Isa w/ Yggy sounded smoother up top? With that extra driving power from a desktop amp

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #554 of 587
Nice :) The three legendary birds (Pokemon). Would you say the Isa w/ Yggy sounded smoother up top? With that extra driving power from a desktop amp
Unfortunately, I do notice a bit too much treble splashiness (for my taste) . Warm source (P6Pro) + warmer cable (PW No.5) helps a little bit.

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #555 of 587

Users who are viewing this thread

Back