ORIOLUS : New portable tube AMP & portable DAC.
May 26, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #77 of 84
I'm thinking of getting one of these with some oriolus MK2 iems. Would it pair well with the dethonray?

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #78 of 84
I am so impressed with the B300S. I have it connected to an AK SP1000 and listening via my i4s and the sound is impressively great to listen to: hard impactful drums and very pleasing vocals; it's definitely better than listening to the SP1000 directly.

I've even placed it before my V281 for great results.

I really like this little amp...

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #79 of 84
Hello,
Does anybody know if BA10 can properly drive ath-ad2000x (balance mod)?
What country is it made in? Japan? How long do the tubes last? Is it possible to find a replacement for the tubes if they fail?
Thank you very much!

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #80 of 84
Hello,
Does anybody know if BA10 can properly drive ath-ad2000x (balance mod)?
What country is it made in? Japan? How long do the tubes last? Is it possible to find a replacement for the tubes if they fail?
Thank you very much!

Don't know much about the those headphones but the BA-10 isn't the most powerful amp. It has some trouble driving my T50rp mk3 and each time I 'tried' using my T1.2 with it I was almost at max volume. Balanced sounds better but power output is very similar to SE.

Tubes are soldered to the board and no idea how long they last. I believe the amp is made in Japan and probably need to ship back to Oriolus for tube replacement in future.

Haven't tried their CDM so can't say how powerful it is but I do have Alo's CV5. It's a bit less than 2x the BA-10's price but Alo's amps are made for tube rolling so easy to replace tubes. Also, despite being SE only, the CV5 (on high gain) is almost too powerful for a portable. It drives my mk3 and T1.2 so well that I've been using it more as a desktop amp. However, I slightly prefer the BA-10's balanced sound quality.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #81 of 84
Don't know much about the those headphones but the BA-10 isn't the most powerful amp. It has some trouble driving my T50rp mk3 and each time I 'tried' using my T1.2 with it I was almost at max volume. Balanced sounds better but power output is very similar to SE.

Tubes are soldered to the board and no idea how long they last. I believe the amp is made in Japan and probably need to ship back to Oriolus for tube replacement in future.

Haven't tried their CDM so can't say how powerful it is but I do have Alo's CV5. It's a bit less than 2x the BA-10's price but Alo's amps are made for tube rolling so easy to replace tubes. Also, despite being SE only, the CV5 (on high gain) is almost too powerful for a portable. It drives my mk3 and T1.2 so well that I've been using it more as a desktop amp. However, I slightly prefer the BA-10's balanced sound quality.
Thanks a lot for your comment! I'm thinking of getting a balanced amp (without the DAC section, pure analogue), preferably a Japanese one. ATH-AD2000X are easier to drive than planars, thatэs for sure. Their impedance is 40 Ohm and sensitivity 103 dB. And from what I heard, Audio-Technica headphones have synergy with tubes. So, I just thought, maybe anybody tried this amp with Audio-Technica headphones...

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #82 of 84

the sound stage and sound expand well when using my micro Tube amp Oriolus BA-10 in full balanced mode. Obviously the Verite Closed likes tubes ! Nice finding..... and a proof that the AK SP1000 is underpowered for the VC.

may be no need for the AK SP1000 amp module or wait for the iBasso dx220MAX ?

Jul 21, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #83 of 84
Did someone had the chance to audition the Oriolus BA-20? Not much information out there.. Any thoughts?

-9021464-1721630324.jpg

Aug 5, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #84 of 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back