Original Master?
May 5, 2007 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Tyler J

100+ Head-Fier
Is this the solid state amp to beat at the $200 and under point? I want to buy new. Phones are the K601 and I am going to get the Denon 2000s soon. I just bought a bithead and it does not have enough juice to drive the 601s. I like a brighter sound and lots of bass.

May 5, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 29
Is the Original Master still available new? I didn't think so.

May 5, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this the solid state amp to beat at the $200 and under point? I want to buy new. Phones are the K601 and I am going to get the Denon 2000s soon. I just bought a bithead and it does not have enough juice to drive the 601s. I like a brighter sound and lots of bass.

In a word - YES. Nothing comes close. I'll go a bit further. the Original master probably beats competition above its price point too. it's sweet, especially witht the K601's.

I'm kind of surprised that the TBH didn't have the juice to make your K601's strut their stuff - mine (with the new gain switch) does just fine during the few times i use them paired. Are you sure your batteries don't need replacing?

May 6, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To my best knowledge it is

To the OP, the original master is yummy

May 6, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

just got one last week from ping at aaa audio. Great price and enjoying the amp immensely

May 6, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #9 of 29
Cool!

May 6, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #12 of 29
Skylab, do you know if the OM sounds good with Beyers?
wink.gif

May 6, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #13 of 29
I had am OM bery briefly. I have to confess I found it's sound a bit grainy and dry, and I sold it quickly. But I was comparing it to more expensive amps, so don't take that the wrong way. For $200 it is a good deal, although for MY money, I would save just a little more and get a Meier Corda Arietta. But that's just me, YMMV.

May 6, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

I am available any time to provide product and service to my customers. I am available any time to have fun with my friends at Head-Fi. I have made so many fiends since I joined Head-Fi. It is a group of great people. Head-Fi is the best audio forum out there.

I went to San Jose for HeadFest 2. It was supper fun. You should go next time. Jude has announced that next time it will be in Chicago

Cheers… Ping

*i did not recognize this ID “Skylab”, and have no idea who is the person behind it, at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back