Oregon Meet 08-19-06
Aug 21, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB
Jeez your camera takes some nice photos, or prehaps its a the operator and camera combined?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I checked, it's a EOS Digital Rebel XT, which is an Canon DSLR, which probably explains the photos.

One would hope there's a bit of the operator involved there, and not just the camera, but yes, it helps.
biggrin.gif
Thank you for the compliments.

You should have been at the January meet KB, it was almost as much of a camera meet as it was a headphone meet with the gear that was there and conversation going on.

Aug 22, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB
Devwild,

Panyncor, curse you and your Singlepower !! I have already been talking to Mikhail over at Singlepower. I am even thinking of selling PPX3's bundled with some real fancy interconnects on the web site, if I can hammer out a deal with Mikhail.

Ken

Yeah, the Singlepower is bewitching.

If you wind up making that deal with Mikhail, you might consider also packaging tried-and-true NOS tube combinations. Although most people will eventually educate themselves enough to acquire their own tubes, it can be daunting and time consuming at first. A lot of customers might appreciate starting off with a few sets of proven combinations -- and might be willing to pay a little extra for the convenience and peace of mind. Combine that with the fancy interconnects and you've got a pretty nice package. Just a thought.

Sep 4, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #19 of 21
I've kind of decided to go light on the analytical-reviews-at-meets thing, so my comments are about it for me. I think kwkarth is comfortable with is own gear (certainly can't blame him).

There were 6 people at the meet - myself, budgie, james, panyncor, kwkarth, and kb. I had two friends that actually have gear now that were very interested but had existing plans, and a number of people here seem to have drifted off the boards over the summer (smarter than we are, probably
wink.gif
). It was still fun, and I think worth it, especially since it was half new people.

Next meet will be in rainy season (broad target, I know), so there will probably be a different selection of people.

Sep 5, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Next meet will be in rainy season (broad target, I know), so there will probably be a different selection of people.

Yeah, can't take away from the quality of the crowds reviews or no.

I have to get after Tyrion for some of that Head-fi beer as soon as we begin discussing our next meet.

Sep 5, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
Yeah, can't take away from the quality of the crowds reviews or no.

I have to get after Tyrion for some of that Head-fi beer as soon as we begin discussing our next meet.

Just give me enough lead time. The IPA needs a minimum of 5 weeks before bottling.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back