Oregon - interested in a summer 2007 meet?
Jul 28, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #31 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Air conditioning? in Portland???? this appears to go against the Oregonian grain
wink.gif

Yeah, well, stuff 15 people with lots of sensitive, heat generating electronics and wearing noisy ear-muffs into a room on a 95 degree mid-august day...
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #32 of 74
Gigabomber actually brought up a good point in a pm. He suggested looking at venues which had a seperate annex/ room where people could congregate and socialize. Having room to breath and bs is probably a wise thing..dB

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #33 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gigabomber actually brought up a good point in a pm. He suggested looking at venues which had a seperate annex/ room where people could congregate and socialize. Having room to breath and bs is probably a wise thing..dB

This is a nice idea. The last two NY meets I went to were pretty loud: definitely not the ideal environment for critical listening.

Jul 28, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #36 of 74
I've got a few possible locations, but just fyi that Forestry Center is off the list for now (booked all month).

Assuming Aug 11th, I'd like to ask that everyone who is planning to come can provide me with an idea of what they are planning to bring, so we can determine our table and power requirements. I don't want to just guess, and have only 1/3x or 3x of what we actually need.

Or if not bringing anything, please let me know too, to get an overall idea of the general attendance.

Either by PM, email, or just posting here is fine. Thanks.

Jul 28, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #37 of 74
Well I was planning on purchasing a laptop this weekend but that fell through. Apparently Dell likes to end their coupons early. :|

So without a laptop, I guess I could bring my server to the meet. So thats an entire desktop w/ 20" monitor. That doesn't sound too appealing to be honest. Maybe I'll just bring a cheap DVD player or something. I'll also be bringing the following:
AD2000
SA5000
VDA-2 DAC w/ VAC-1 PSU
Lite DAC-AH
RSA HR-2
Larocco PRII
EMU 0404USB (if I bring my server)
Various Interconnects.
iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

Jul 29, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #38 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I was planning on purchasing a laptop this weekend but that fell through. Apparently Dell likes to end their coupons early. :|

If I remember correctly, they cycle on Thursdays. They also have usage caps so if it's really good you have to use it when you see it.

Jul 29, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #39 of 74
I am not sure of source as my CDP seems to be a little worse for wear after the trek. I have a portable cdp which would be better than nothing, perhaps the old laptop/alien dac ? I will bring a power conditioner along too.

Amps
CKIII
EHHA
Stacker
3 channel pocket amp

HP's
K501
DT770

..dB

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #41 of 74
I could bring the following:
  1. Senn HD-580s
  2. Grado SR225
  3. Millett Hybrid (DIY forums version) /w diamond buffers
  4. SOHA
  5. Alien DAC (and accompanying laptop)
  6. Cheap DVD Player for another source

Edit: I will also bring my Creative Zen Vision:M and Koss KSC-75s.

I am also planning on building a couple more amps (I have boards for them), but they probably wont be built in time for the meet. But if we are lucky I might have a couple more surprises as well, but don't count on it...

Jul 29, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #42 of 74
I have sold much of my unused equipment but I can still bring:

Kenwood HD30GB9
Samsung Z5
Grado SR60
iGrado
Fururesonics Atrio M5 w/ Shure Black Olives
Modded Koss KSC75
Sennheiser PMX60

I also have a Dell Inspiron 8100 Laptop that I could bring if someone else needs it (I don't use it for audio).

Jul 29, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #43 of 74
Just recently sold my amp, but can still bring :

Senn HD580s(unmodded)
Scott Nixon- USB DACKit(no enclosure), Battery powered
Laptop(USB digital out only)
Archos Gmini-402

I am looking forward to this meet as I am looking for an amp and another pair of headphones.

Aug 1, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #44 of 74
Hi all. It's looking like the meet is nearly finalized:

Sat Aug 18th, from 11:30am to 4pm, at the RiverPlace Athletic Club (therac.com)

The room is 55'x20'x10', with 10 outlets on 7x15A breakers, and plenty of tables/chairs. It can divide into 2 sections, as some have requested. (But I question that a little: will squeezing all the setups into half the room really be better than spreading out over the full room, and will people want to hang out in a different room from their setup table for very long? Fortunately, we have the option to go either way, with little advance notice.)

Parking in the adjacent lot is $5/day with the club's stamp. There's also some amount of fringe parking for free. I believe there's a streetcar stop very close by.

I'll confirm when it's 100% (hopefully signed off within the next 1-2 days).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back