Ordnance.22 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Aug 13, 2014 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Leondinas

New Head-Fier
Recently, i just jump into interesting deal in my local

I have tried to look it up online but barely see any review or comparison. I also discovery it is not a brand but rather a series made by Jaben audio shop: (Jaben.net).

The deal is pretty attractive with 40$ for this amp which original price on Jaben is 150$. However, this is my first amp and i have no experience in comparison with other.

I intend to trade or sell it back to try something else to try another experience. But i think it is better to post a thread here to discuss with other owner how it compare to other amp. Also a chance to create a thread for whoever want to research about this amp in future

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 3
I've owned the ordnance .22 for over a a year now. I got it at Jaben in a bundle as well.

It's not a bad little amp to be honest and well worth the forty bucks. But I'd not pay more than a hundred.

It's not a the most detailed or powerful amp. It powered my Beyer dynamic dt880 250ohm decently but not as well as the fiio e12. I find it's got a very warm laid back sound with a bass emphasis.

The best thing about it is its battery life...it's rated for 20plus hours and I've gone a full week with daily use without charging and it was still going strong. One thing to note is that as it lost its charge the sound became tinny and lost dynamics so make sure it's always juiced. This is unlike other amps like the e12 which shuts off immediately when it's not got enough power.

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 3
I've owned the ordnance .22 for over a a year now. I got it at Jaben in a bundle as well.

It's not a bad little amp to be honest and well worth the forty bucks. But I'd not pay more than a hundred.

It's not a the most detailed or powerful amp. It powered my Beyer dynamic dt880 250ohm decently but not as well as the fiio e12. I find it's got a very warm laid back sound with a bass emphasis.

The best thing about it is its battery life...it's rated for 20plus hours and I've gone a full week with daily use without charging and it was still going strong. One thing to note is that as it lost its charge the sound became tinny and lost dynamics so make sure it's always juiced. This is unlike other amps like the e12 which shuts off immediately when it's not got enough power.

How was it compare to Topping NX1 10k mmah battery version and Fiio E11 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back