ordering NuForce NE-7M tonight
Mar 16, 2009 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Gabe3

New Head-Fier
I'm think I'm going to order the NE-7M tonight, I hope its the right decision. Are the inserts that come stock good? or do I need to buy 3rd party inserts?

Anyone against the NE-7M ?

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 28
The inserts, or the tips, either silicones or foamies, are moderate, but still provide a good isolations, enough to hear a good music at lower volume level.

TQ

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 28
Why did you decide to go with the NE-7? Price, sound sig preference, music genre, where will the be used, what is your source, etc. I own them and like them for the price range. I think they excel with electronic. In the same price range the PK3 earbuds are very good also.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 28
RE2 are also in the price range

Regarding fit, well you're going to have to find out after you get the IEM. Everyone has different ears ya know ;].

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did you decide to go with the NE-7? Price, sound sig preference, music genre, where will the be used, what is your source, etc. I own them and like them for the price range. I think they excel with electronic. In the same price range the PK3 earbuds are very good also.

they seemed to be a best bang for the buck, since I heard they sound like they should cost $100. my budget was $50 too. and I have a iphone so thats another plus. In threads that I read on recommending a under $100 IEM, there were several people all recommending the NE-7M, where as other models would only get one person.

I ordered the NE-7M lastnight.

Mar 16, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 28
The 7m's are very good given their price point! No need to second guess yourself
beerchug.gif

With respect to tips, personally, I found the size small prepackaged silicone tips to be quite decent, but the sound was improved a bit by picking up some Shure E2c silicones. After shipping, after-market tips will run you around $15. Whether the improvement measures up to roughly 30% of the cost of the headphone - well YMMV. Others recommend Comply T-400's with them if you prefer foam to silicone.

Hope you enjoy them!

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 28
i hope you enjoy. i think for the price and the features, they are worth much more than 49.99$ but their sound is really in the upper leagues below the atrio and turbine for the most part but way better than the other competition at that price. and no one else includes so many great tips!

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #10 of 28
Yep, NE-7M continues to impress me with bass and treble extension and good detail. The mids are just right for me, maybe a tad high right in the middle, but warm enough to be fun.

I was using the small tips for my smaller ear canal. A couple of months ago I bought some fake Shure E2's for $6 -- of course, they sounded horrendous, but I now use the E2 tips on the NE-7M and picked up some isolation and clarity. You can get real Shure E2 tips several places.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #11 of 28
I ordered these on the 16th from Amazon. They should be here on Friday. I can't wait. I've gone thru a few headphones, I like my over the ear phones, but they won't work this summer. I picked up some Altec-Lansing wired headset, but it just doesn't sound that good to me. I should have taken them back but I was desperate at the time.

Do all in ear phones have the same problem with hearing yourself walk at low volumes? I've noticed that with all of mine.

I picked them up on a recommendation from another website, they pointed me to here for research purposes.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by murphythadog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered these on the 16th from Amazon. They should be here on Friday. I can't wait. I've gone thru a few headphones, I like my over the ear phones, but they won't work this summer. I picked up some Altec-Lansing wired headset, but it just doesn't sound that good to me. I should have taken them back but I was desperate at the time.

Do all in ear phones have the same problem with hearing yourself walk at low volumes? I've noticed that with all of mine.

I picked them up on a recommendation from another website, they pointed me to here for research purposes.

mine shipped out today via USPS, ordered yesterday.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #13 of 28
I received mine today. I can say right now, that they are awesome for the price, I've owned quite a few of in ears by far these sound the best.

I am getting a little rattle at the highest volume setting, if i adjust the eq on my storm to a setting with a little less base it goes away. With bass boost on, i get a little rattle from highest volume, but no rattle with the volume adjusted one step lower.

Mar 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by murphythadog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received mine today. I can say right now, that they are awesome for the price, I've owned quite a few of in ears by far these sound the best.

I am getting a little rattle at the highest volume setting, if i adjust the eq on my storm to a setting with a little less base it goes away. With bass boost on, i get a little rattle from highest volume, but no rattle with the volume adjusted one step lower.

when did yours ship out and what state are you in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back